Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What first!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Greg Bell
Guys,

I have a 2.0 914 that is in about 80% condition all around. I want to fix the surface rust and paint, restore all the rubber, have the clamshells removed and the longs restored correctly, and eventully rebuild the gearbox.

What first? Structure? Paint? details?
SpecialK
QUOTE (Greg Bell @ Jun 8 2005, 06:38 PM)

Yep....in that order. cool_shades.gif
Dead Air
QUOTE (Special_K @ Jun 8 2005, 06:47 PM)

[QUOTE]
laugh.gif laugh.gif
You guys crack me up.

While I'm waiting for a shop to do something, or waiting for parts to come in...I do something else!
scruz914
QUOTE (Special_K @ Jun 8 2005, 07:47 PM)

Ain't that the truth! Also, parallel with that list: engine, suspension, and electrical. And, while you are in there........

The first thing I would do is pull the battery, etc., and give the hell hole area a complete inspection. Scrape, pry, poke, etc. Better if you can pull the engine and crawl around in there. That will tell you if you really are at 80% good. Second, pull the rockers off and pry around under there. I would also go through every electrical connection looking for loose, broken, and corroded connections. Same with the ground points. Pull the cover off the relay board, clean all of the relay pins and the fuses in there. While you are doing all of this you will more than likely find plenty of DAPO things to fix.

Oh yea, go to your favorite on-line parts supplier and start your wish list. Nothing like a constant stream of new parts arriving.
ArtechnikA
it's true.

if your car breaks in half, no one will be noticing the great paint...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.