Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1975 Porsche 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Darksude
Hello! My name is Matthew Green and I am 17 years old. I have an old 1975 Porsche 914 and we recently got it up and running. I had some questions though regarding the gauges. I have never seen a gauge like this and everyone I have asked hasn’t got a clue what it may be. The big rectangular bar on the top. Whenever we drive it it’ll always blink red.
Coondog
Not April fools day so I am going to guess your serious.......... confused24.gif it’s the emergency brake indicator.
Darksude
QUOTE(Coondog @ May 8 2018, 09:40 PM) *

Not April fools day so I am going to guess your serious.......... confused24.gif it’s the emergency brake indicator.

Thanks for the info! Sorry if it’s a dumb question. It’s my first car so I’m trying to learn some things. That explains though since we don’t have a working emergency brake.
Unpretentious
welcome.png

Hi Mathew. I believe the flashing light is the brake light. There are two circuits that can turn it on. One is at the master cylinder and the other is at the emergency brake handle. First check to made sure the brake fluid reservoir is full. If it is, in my experience, it is most likely the contact switch at the base of the emergency brake.
L73
There are no dumb questions when it comes to a 75 ! I have a 2 of them so I know and we have all been there before! Xoxo
Coondog
All good, questions, hands on and now You Tube videos are how we learn. Your homework assignment is to read every post in Lapuwali classic thread forum. Then get Dr. 914s Tech Tips 700: A Complete Technical Guide

Good luck
TheCabinetmaker

Maybe it's May 8th Fools Day?
mtndawg
Let’s see more photos of your ride. What’s the history? Where did you get it?
vw_porsche
welcome.png
If it blinks when pressing the brake, you have air in the brake lines. You'll need to bleed the brakes.
krazykonrad
welcome.png

Keep asking questions!

Konrad
xperu
QUOTE(Darksude @ May 8 2018, 09:43 PM) *

Thanks for the info! Sorry if it’s a dumb question. It’s my first car so I’m trying to learn some things. That explains though since we don’t have a working emergency brake.

Don't ever worry about dump questions.......... Over the years I have seen a Lot of dumb answers. Ask a way my friend, how we learn. Mike
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.