Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Car cover recommendations
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
steuspeed
Some ass hat stole my car cover Sunday night. It was a California Cover made with the Kimberly Clark NOAH fabric. It's a breathable heavy duty rain grade cover. Should I just get another one or??? They go for $227.
Valy
Covers at Costco are a very good quality and price.
Tom_T
Stu,

I don't know about the Costco covers, but the Cal Covers have a good warranty life, quality & weather resistance - if pricey.
PS - they also have some higher weatherproof covers if you need more protection upo there in the PNW.

You'll need to use their cover lock loops to try to discourage your local asshat(s) though, whatever you get.

Also, you may be able to have the theft covered by your auto Comprehensive coverage - depending on your policy terms & deductible (some will waive deductible for a non-fault incident/theft). It's worth looking at for a $250 cover with tax & S&H.

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
mepstein
QUOTE(Valy @ May 9 2018, 12:13 AM) *

Covers at Costco are a very good quality and price.

I also love Costco's return policy. No questions, no restrictions, just a smile and my money back.
steuspeed
QUOTE(Tom_T @ May 9 2018, 08:38 AM) *

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

I think I'll try the California Cover Superweave fabric this time. Just got a new catalog in the mail this week. More water protection and washer/dryer safe. The Noah fabric still let heavy rain through and not dryer safe.
steuspeed
I got my new cover from California Covers. It's Weathershield HP material. Much lighter weight than the NOAH fabric. It's more of a nylon and compacts smaller. Sometimes it's harder to get on since a little wind can blow it around easy. Best way is to put the mirror pocket on first. Water beads off it like crazy! So far, I like it better. Cats like to claw on the NOAH and the squirrels chewed holes in my NOAH truck cover. hissyfit.gif

914_7T3
QUOTE(steuspeed @ Jun 13 2018, 08:42 PM) *

I got my new cover from California Covers. It's Weathershield HP material. Much lighter weight than the NOAH fabric. It's more of a nylon and compacts smaller. Sometimes it's harder to get on since a little wind can blow it around easy. Best way is to put the mirror pocket on first. Water beads off it like crazy! So far, I like it better. Cats like to claw on the NOAH and the squirrels chewed holes in my NOAH truck cover. hissyfit.gif

That's great. I was on the fence for a week on a cover and opted for the storm weave from CA Car Covers. Although, it will be predominantly used indoors, I wanted the extra protection of the 4 layer cover. Hope to have it in time for when my car goes back to the shop to have the drive train reinstalled.

driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.