Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Holes in my car! What is this one for? And where did those others go?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jcd914
Two questions!

1st: There is a hole behind the dash and I don't know what it is for.
In the picture below there are two large holes, one has the remains of a grommet and I believe it is for the fresh air and heat control cables. What is the other hole for?

2nd: It appears the body shop that painted my car filled in the holes in the windshield frame that hold the clips for the trim. Since the car was painted before I owned it I don't know if they were filled on purpose or out of ignorance. I want to use the metal trim so I need the clips. Thoughts?

Thanks
Jim

Click to view attachment

914Sixer
Top hole is for water lines for windshield washer. Holes for windshield clips might be tricky. Get someone with the windshield out to measure the holes for you.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(914Sixer @ May 9 2018, 07:27 AM) *

Top hole is for water lines for windshield washer. Holes for windshield clips might be tricky. Get someone with the windshield out to measure the holes for you.

The same hole is used for windshield wiper wiring connections on a 914-6.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.