Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 73, 1.7 Where the heck is the engine code
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
vitaminc914
I just bought a 1973 1.7 with all indications that everything is original to the car. I want to verify the engine and can't seem to find the stamped engine code anywhere. Can anyone help or show me a pic of where it is located?

Thanks!
Ray
Tom_T
QUOTE(vitaminc914 @ May 9 2018, 01:35 PM) *

I just bought a 1973 1.7 with all indications that everything is original to the car. I want to verify the engine and can't seem to find the stamped engine code anywhere. Can anyone help or show me a pic of where it is located?

Thanks!
Ray

Hey Ray,

Jeff Bowlsby's 914 site is your friend!

Scroll down to the engine section & look for the 1.7 s/n pic:

http://bowlsby.net/914/Classic/PLM.htm

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
dr914@autoatlanta.com
on top the right case half in the middle at an angle just to the right of the plenum
W0 or for a 73 EA
vitaminc914
Got it., Thanks.. It is an EA engine code

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ May 9 2018, 05:48 PM) *

on top the right case half in the middle at an angle just to the right of the plenum
W0 or for a 73 EA

stinkindiesel
I never could find mine in spite of having a good idea of where it should be. Finally unearthed it when I dropped the engine for a major cleaning/wiring harness replacement. It gets dirty in there.

The good news, I found it. The bad news, it was a non-original EC.

Gary
type47fan
QUOTE(stinkindiesel @ May 11 2018, 12:53 PM) *

I never could find mine in spite of having a good idea of where it should be. Finally unearthed it when I dropped the engine for a major cleaning/wiring harness replacement. It gets dirty in there.

The good news, I found it. The bad news, it was a non-original EC.

Gary

A 1975 1.8L
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.