Full Version: PacificNW 914 Meet #3
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JRust
Here is how it's going to be!
9AM meet & greet
10am Run to Parts Obselete
12pm Lunch at Main St. Pizza chowtime.gif
Live Music ? (interest?) beerchug.gif
Awards for Best original 914, Best Modified 914, Best Paint, Best Engine conversion, Furthest distance traveled, Best Interior & the most coveted
Most Rust confused24.gif
2pm Option 1- Head home
Option 2-Break off for Golf (just 9holes for those interested)

So there it is boys & girls! The meet is at Main St. Pizza , 470 E. Main, Monmouth Oregon 97361.
There will be a $10 fee for all 914's & $5 for guests who attend. This fee covers the lunch & all costs involved. Profit if any will be donated to Help Korijo get a Motorized Chair & van Fund. I am hoping Dave could make it with his Family. Feel free to give me a call with any questions or suggestions
Jamie Rust 971-388-4674
Aslo anyone interested in staying the night before or after is welcome to crash at my place. Nothing spectacular but will save you some coin! I have a 1400 square ft basement that will be open to anyone coming. I will have one king size bed down there. Anyone else will have to crash on the floor. I will have a BBQ either night for those interested!
John Kelly
Hi Jamie,

Wish I could make it but my wife's swapmeet is that weekend, and she'll need me to help off and on during the weekend. Looks like you had a great turnout last year.

John www.ghiaspecialties.com
Dave Cawdrey
I'm trying to convince the wifey... Would need my new van setup to be done (van here from CA, lift installed, tune, licensed, etc.)

We are also going to stay at a cabin up north the last weekend of July. Might be plum tukkered out...
cant.....................go............ on wacko.gif
rhodyguy
puget sound folks. want to run down together on sat am? stop at the country cousin in centralia for b-fast? or ? since we can do 70 legally, no faster than that ohmy.gif , the run from tacoma can be done in 2 1/2 hrs. i'm going, fast!

kevin
Bleyseng
still don't know if I am going, Kevin.

Geoff mueba.gif
Brad Roberts
I'm in 100%.

Dont know what I will drive up... but it should be interesting.

B
JRust
Come on Geoff! It will be a great time. Your wife would havwe a good time checking out all the sale stuff too clap56.gif . Hope you can make though seriously agree.gif . You would be welcome to crash at my place.
Come one come all!
Brad Roberts
I just want some of your pizza. I could care a less about seeing 914's...LOL

B
Brad Roberts
Any good hotels in Monmouth ??

You know.. the ones by the hour.

B
JRust
Here are the local hotels!
The College Inn 503-838-1711
The Courtesy Inn (the better of the 2) 503-838-4438
John Kelly
Hi Jamie,

I think Zach and I may be able to make it after all. If I can get my brother to help my wife with her swapmeet/show, if Zachs flares are done (or close to it), if Zach can switch out his transaxle, if we can come up with some street tires to almost fit the flares, if we can both spare the time etc. It would be a fun road trip. We'll see.

TheCabinetmaker
Hello pacific northwest 914 folks. I have a friend in Lincoln City, who used to be my favorite navigator for weekend roadtrips. She qualifies as a 914 veteran. She love 914's and there's a chance she might show up at your event. If she does, and she makes her presence known, please make her welcome.

Thanks, Curt
JRust
We'd love to have her Curt. She will definately be made welcome. I hope our young friend in Newport is going to show. I've got to get on the ball with getting everything ready though. It's just one thing after another. Moving into my new place this weekend. I just realized the meet is in less than 2 weeks. I've got to secure a few more prizes for the event! Anyone out there have a good source for a prize? I copuld also use a couple judges sad.gif
Oh yeah one more thing guys! I've got some bad news. I'm not going to have my OLCC license in time. Those frikking people are the craps. I turned in my app 2 months ago & just heard back I didn't fill out one line right. I've got to go over & fix it along with a ton of other crap. So I will not be able to serve the beer at the meet! We could do the lunch at my place as I will have plenty of room to park for lunch! No A/C outside thouhgh. So let me know what you think. My house for lunch with beer & heat unsure.gif My pizza store with no beer & A/C!
Brad Roberts
What does the law say about BYOB ??

I'll be a judge...LOL

B
ChrisReale
I want to try to make it. I have a possible job opportunity in Portland, so I might be able to make a weekend out of it, we'll see boldblue.gif
JRust
Officially I'm sure it is a big NO NO on the BYOB. Maybe I wouldn't notice it though blink.gif Everyone that is coming shoot me an email so I can get a count.[EMAIL] Pizza914@ashcreekwireless.com[/EMAIL] I'm looking forward to a killer show!
keith
I'm in. I may even have bumpers on the car by that time. Might have a guest with me.

Keith
DNHunt
I'm in. Going down on Thursday with the family to knock around Portland. I'd like to meet up with people Saturday morning to caravan down from P-land

Dave
Porsche Rescue
I was waiting for social director Craig to organize a caravan. He's too busy playing with his Model A truck.

Here's a plan. Meet at the I-5 South rest stop just south of Wilsonville at about 8:00 am. You WA folks will have to get an early start since Jamie says be there around 9 am. We will leave the rest stop at about 8:15. That should get us to Monmouth at about 9.
J P Stein
Jim:

What mile post (approx) is the rest stop?.....just for us folks that have no effin idea where Willsonville is....I-5 somewhere South of here?
Porsche Rescue
There are two Wilsonville exits. I believe the southernmost is #283. You then cross the Willamette River and pass two more exits (don't know numbers) first one says "Charbonneau", next says "Canby" and the rest stop comes next. It is the first I-5 rest stop available south of Vancouver/Portland.
JRust
Just an update guys! We are sitting at 15 confirmed right know! I have a ton of possibles. So I think we may have a shot at beating our first mark of 27 914's. There is no rain in the forcast which should help. I think that cost us about 10 cars the last time. SO things are looking up. I just picked up some prizes from Gary at Parts Obselete smilie_pokal.gif . So things are coming together nicely. I'm still holding out for a few more prizes though pray.gif
Brad Roberts
Dont count on me driving a 914 that far. My ass couldnt take it (and the rest of me couldnt either)

B
Bleyseng
Wuss, I thought you have been losing weight so you would fit in a teener better!

Geoff
Brad Roberts
Stock seats hurt my back after about 4 hours. I can just barely drive my truck 26 hours straight.

B
John Kelly
If everything works out, I'll be leaving Seattle in Zach's car at about 4am to pick up Zach at his campground near Centralia, and then on to Monmouth. We will stop if we see 914s at the rest area. We will have to leave the event at about noon so that I can make it to Port Angeles for a wake at 4:30pm. Looks like an 18 hour day to get back to Seattle via Port Angeles but I think it will be worth the effort. Wish we could stay for the whole thing. Looks like I'll know all about the stock seats! Good thing Zach will be doing a lot of the driving.

The flares will only be part way done in somewhat lumpy bare metal , but presentable.

Eric Taylor
Alright so my dad and I are a for sure for this weekend. I'm really looking forward to metting you all in person and seeing a bunch of nice teeners. John- Is zach's car the one with the flared fenders? That would be so cool to see in person.
Eric
Porsche Rescue
Ok, got specifics on rest stop location for those coming from nearer the North Pole. Rest stop is just past exit 282A on I-5 South. Went past there today on a trip to Eugene to pick up Craig (Camp 914) Laughlin's latest find. I'll let him do the show and tell. Gather at the rest stop about 8 am Satuday morning and leave about 8:15 or a little later for stragglers.
Bleyseng
I'm good for about 2 hrs in stock seats and stiff suspension, Brad. You are still pretty young and can take the beating.

Geoff
Brad Roberts
But..if I dont have too.. I wont.

I'll save my beatings for the track.

B
John Kelly
Hi Eric,

Yes this is the one we are flaring for the video. I've attached a picture that shows a 15x8 fuchs with a 215-60 series tire. A 225-50-15 will fit easy. We still need to stretch the fronts out another 1/2" to fit 15x8s, make sure the flares match side to side, catch all the low spots, and metal-finish to whatever level we decide to take it. Lots of fine tuning still to go so it is not pretty.

JRust
Just missed someones call this morning. Maybe Brad? They were heading up from California & asked for directions. Hope my wife gave them OK. Please feel free to call for any help- Jamie cell#971-388-4674,
home# 503-606-0708, work# 503-838-4040
JRust
Brad made it in last night about 8:30. Had a little preview of my pizza for tommorow! See you in a couple hours!
Bleyseng
Jamie, Kevin has a gear bag for you to give as a prize. Have fun guys!

Geoff
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.