Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Frigging carbs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Ricard
So I swapped the 44 IDF's with a a seat of 40's Jeting changed significantly. Velocity is way up at the same idle speed. 135 main gas now are not too rich anymore. .50 idle jets seems OK 2 turns out.

It's them darn accelerator jets and pump linkage that I haven't wrestled in yet. I think I backed them off a litttle too much as the motor stumbles initially at accleration. Then whacks ya in back and roars away.

I also think I induced a problem with not replacing the carb base gaskets. headbang.gif I was in a hurry bugs were biting it was getting dark. Didn't fell like cutting new ones. slap.gif That'll teach me. Well maybe not. screwy.gif
firstknight13
had what seems like the same problem. racer chris fixed it something with the idle jets i think??? short term memory problem i think. check with him
Joe Ricard
Got to do some stomp tuning tonight. Wouldn't hold wide open for more than a second before going lean. 5000 RPM
Checked float levels OK Fuel pressure OK. one Accel jey not squirting so fixed that little better on take off.

decide to pull screen at each carb. Sum bitch I thought I cleaned them. Well while screwing around plugged an idle jet.

Damn it I give pulled them both off and cleaned cleaned cleaned. Put them back on fired right up and idled pretty good. 10Pm so I'll resume stomp tuning in the morning.

When they are flowing they pull pretty hard.

Yea I had to give in. Pulled them both back off and cleaned them again.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.