Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sectioning 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Aircooledfool
sawzall-smiley.gif

I have a car that has to be sectioned and I am looking for input on where the cut lines should be made. I need the front clip off the donor and there will be two good rear quarters, sail panels, windshield with frame, targa bar, etc. There may not be a simple answer to this question so just hoping for guidance from someone who has done this before.
rick 918-S
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif need way more info
ValcoOscar
Click to view attachment
dr914@autoatlanta.com
you are a 914 hero for taking this on, congratulations. The factory service manual body book has great pictures on where to section the body

QUOTE(Aircooledfool @ May 10 2018, 07:52 PM) *

sawzall-smiley.gif

I have a car that has to be sectioned and I am looking for input on where the cut lines should be made. I need the front clip off the donor and there will be two good rear quarters, sail panels, windshield with frame, targa bar, etc. There may not be a simple answer to this question so just hoping for guidance from someone who has done this before.

Aircooledfool
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ May 11 2018, 08:37 AM) *

you are a 914 hero for taking this on, congratulations. The factory service manual body book has great pictures on where to section the body

QUOTE(Aircooledfool @ May 10 2018, 07:52 PM) *

sawzall-smiley.gif

I have a complete set of factory manuals and should have thought of looking there first. Thanks for the advise.
David Billo
The factory manual cut lines assume that a damaged area is being replaced, so what is being removed is generally ruined in the process. Where you would cut to remove a damaged section is going to be different from where you would cut if you want to save what is being removed.

IMO, the best thing would be to cut all the spot welds and preserve each piece as much as possible, however that would be a heck of lot more work for you. It might be best to find out what sections people want, then cut accordingly.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.