Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pics from the NHIS National Race
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ChrisFoley
Yesterday I received pictures of the NHIS National from Roz Rosintoski.
Here's a sample:
ChrisFoley
and
ChrisFoley
last one for now.
larryp
Chris - your car looks great. That is one track I know well from biking; what times do you turn there? Pros on 600s run 1:18s, some friends run 22s, I run 1:30s. unsure.gif I was wondering how our cars compare.

The bowl must be a hoot. And the 7-9 thing past the elevated flag station.
groot
Sweet!!!!

Eric, Is the top of your helmet 2" under that main hoop? Could just be that picture....
URY914
Chris,

I've always wondered why you haven't wacked the top off?
Do you feel you're more slick air wise and have a higher top speed or is it a safety issue or what?

Does the weight savings not make up for the additional drag?

About 90% of SCCA 914's are topless.

Inquiring 914 minds want to know. confused24.gif

Paul
Bleyseng
I like the 2nd shot as there is nothing like being in the lead!! biggrin.gif
ChrisFoley
QUOTE (larryp @ Jun 9 2005, 10:09 AM)
Pros on 600s run 1:18s, some friends run 22s, I run 1:30s. unsure.gif I was wondering how our cars compare.

I did a 1:16 flat in morning qualifying on my 6th lap. Then I came in due to other people misbehaving on track. I might have been able to take another second off if I was really trying to. The GTI that outqualified me did a 1:14.

I've always wondered why you haven't wacked the top off?

The CG would be better without the top for sure, but probably less than 1/2". I don't think the aerodynamic thing means too much at the speeds we typically reach, but I think my setup is better. I do like having a roof over my head while waiting on the grid, either in the sun or the rain. My biggest reason is the car clearly looks better with the full top, and I have a prime advertising space on the windshield. biggrin.gif

I like the 2nd shot as there is nothing like being in the lead!!

I was lapping them at the time of that pic. laugh.gif
ChrisReale
In the first pic it looks as if there is positive camber on your wheels. I know running slicks usually means having little to no neg camber, but would you get better results if you added a bit more neg camber? Curious, I know nothing regarding slicks and set-up.
ChrisFoley
QUOTE (ChrisReale @ Jun 9 2005, 04:12 PM)
In the first pic it looks as if there is positive camber on your wheels.

What you see is an obstacle illusion. The foreground is level but the car is still at an angle on the slope.
I run around 0.7 degrees negative camber and get excellent tire temp profiles and even wear.
The transition in that corner is very abrupt from the downhill slope onto the relatively flat oval, which we cross onto a short infield section.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.