Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ooppps - Anybody have a pic?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rob-O
I took both my seat adjusters apart to have them powder coated. Bought new bushings from 914Rubber. BUT I forgot to take pics of the correct orientation of the bushings. I know how the adjusters go back together, just not sure which way the bushings face. Googled it but available pics don't have good enough resolution to show this. PET is no help either, as it just shows an exploded view and bushings are separated out of the adjuster in the PET view.

Anybody got a close up pic of an adjuster?
defianty
How's this?

IPB Image
defianty
Double Post
Rob-O
Perfect!!!

You wouldn't happen to have a picture of the outboard bushing, would you?

In looking at the adjust arm, it looks like what could be a wear mark on the arm as if the bushing would be on the inside hole of the track, but when I look at arm and track, I would guess the bushing goes on the outside of the track.
Rob-O
Here? Or here?
defianty
I don't but I can take one. It just so happens my seat rails are sitting on the coffee table behind me laugh.gif

IPB Image
defianty
Double post again - having trouble posting at the moment
Rob-O
Fantastic, thank you. So they DO go on the inside of the rail!
defianty
QUOTE(Rob-O @ May 11 2018, 05:02 PM) *

Fantastic, thank you. So they DO go on the inside of the rail!

I hope so because that's where I put mine and I'm not taking that roll pin out again! laugh.gif
Rob-O
I didn't have trouble taking it out (I have a punch that is that size) but getting them back in is fun. The 914Rubber kit has a tool that helps with that. We'll see if it works as advertised. I won't be completely reassembling mine until I can have the adjuster arm cad plated. Mine look awful.
Larmo63
I try to take quick pictures of this kind of stuff with my phone camera when I take them apart.
Rob-O
Yeah, me too. Just forgot in this case!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.