Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB any working 2.0 FI Injectors
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Such914
Hello, I have a bit of a "Sob" story here. I am a college student with a '74 2.0, and I am (Hopefully) driving home next Friday. I am working with a shop to get my car back to FI, but today I learned that my injectors are cracked. No companies currently stock rebuilt ones, and Auto Atlanta is out. If anyone has any good ones, I will pay top dollar (whatever that is) and have them overnight shipped. I would like the best ones I can find, but beggars can't be choosers. Thanks in advance to the best automotive community out there!

Thanks,
Christian
mtndawg
Are they green?
Such914
QUOTE(mtndawg @ May 11 2018, 05:08 PM) *

Are they green?

Yes, they are.
Such914
Does anyone know if these would work?

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk...866&jsn=365
914Sixer
Yes and NO. Yes they will fit and NO the injector plug is WRONG. I have a set and they would not take them back. THEIR catalog is CORRECT and I did not know what I was talking about.
mepstein
I would contact bdstone914, Garold and Mcmark. Also Brad at 914lmt.
Such914
QUOTE(914Sixer @ May 11 2018, 06:03 PM) *

Yes and NO. Yes they will fit and NO the injector plug is WRONG. I have a set and they would not take them back. THEIR catalog is CORRECT and I did not know what I was talking about.

Rockauto is not a stellar organization.

Crap. Mr. Injector sent me over to them, and said that they would fit. I guess I'm down $400.
Such914
QUOTE(mepstein @ May 11 2018, 06:05 PM) *

I would contact bdstone914, Garold and Mcmark. Also Brad at 914lmt.

Thank you, I will send them some messages.
Jonathan Livesay
QUOTE(Such914 @ May 11 2018, 04:14 PM) *

QUOTE(914Sixer @ May 11 2018, 06:03 PM) *

Rockauto is not a stellar organization.

Crap. Mr. Injector sent me over to them, and said that they would fit. I guess I'm down $400.

Does anyone know if they are correct in fuel flow for 914 2.0? Because if they are and all you have to do is put new connectors on the wiring harness they seem like a good option when compared to 40+ year old parts. No?
Such914
Hi all, I just got off the phone with Rich at High Performance House. He sells unopened OEM injectors, and was willing to stay after work to make sure I got the product on time. They were expensive ($1150, out of this world for a college student), but that is the price you pay for quick shipping and original parts. I guess that this is a good long term investment for my car. I would highly recommend calling him if you have any parts needs, as he gave me phenomenal customer service and was willing to work around some bumps in the road. I decided to not go with the rockauto parts, as everywhere I looked online people recited their customer service horror stories from dealing with them.
euro911
$1150 yikes.gif

I've purchased a lot of parts for my Tacoma over the years and just recently purchased all the suspension and brake parts for my Ghia from Rock Auto. Never had a problem, but then again, I never had to return anything.

On the other hand, I'll never purchase anything from Parts Geek again. They sent an incorrect part for my wife's '99 Beetle and wanted me to pay for return shipping + a 15% restocking fee. Their web site claimed the part was correct for the car, but it definitely wasn't. I told them to stuff it up their ass and would tell all my friends to avoid shopping with them every chance I get.
Such914
QUOTE(euro911 @ May 11 2018, 08:52 PM) *

$1150 yikes.gif

I've purchased a lot of parts for my Tacoma over the years and just recently purchased all the suspension and brake parts for my Ghia from Rock Auto. Never had a problem, but then again, I never had to return anything.

On the other hand, I'll never purchase anything from Parts Geek again. They sent an incorrect part for my wife's '99 Beetle and wanted me to pay for return shipping + a 15% restocking fee. Their web site claimed the part was correct for the car, but it definitely wasn't. I told them to stuff it up their ass and would tell all my friends to avoid shopping with them every chance I get.

If it helps, I bought this car from the original owner with 50k miles. It's an optioned out 1974 2.0, and I've been trying to keep it in decently original shape. So to me, the OEM ones would be reliable and help keep the vehicle how I found it. I've also had some bad experience with parts geek, their website is rarely ever accurate.
mtndawg
QUOTE(Such914 @ May 11 2018, 07:06 PM) *

$1150 yikes.gif

If it helps, I bought this car from the original owner with 50k miles. It's an optioned out 1974 2.0, and I've been trying to keep it in decently original shape. So to me, the OEM ones would be reliable and help keep the vehicle how I found it. I've also had some bad experience with parts geek, their website is rarely ever accurate.

I have never seen OEM injectors in original packaging. You pay a premium for hens teeth. Sounds like the car may be worth it.
Such914
Rock Auto customer support refunded me, as the order had yet to ship. They did say that they had received other complaints about the product discrepancy.
euro911
thumb3d.gif
mb911
QUOTE(Such914 @ May 11 2018, 08:30 PM) *

Rock Auto customer support refunded me, as the order had yet to ship. They did say that they had received other complaints about the product discrepancy.

Where in Wisconsin are you?
914Next
QUOTE(Such914 @ May 11 2018, 08:31 PM) *

Hi all, I just got off the phone with Rich at High Performance House. He sells unopened OEM injectors, and was willing to stay after work to make sure I got the product on time. They were expensive ($1150, out of this world for a college student), but that is the price you pay for quick shipping and original parts. I guess that this is a good long term investment for my car. I would highly recommend calling him if you have any parts needs, as he gave me phenomenal customer service and was willing to work around some bumps in the road. I decided to not go with the rockauto parts, as everywhere I looked online people recited their customer service horror stories from dealing with them.

Yup that is the going rate for nos injectors. Glad you found them.
76-914
QUOTE(mtndawg @ May 11 2018, 08:06 PM) *

QUOTE(Such914 @ May 11 2018, 07:06 PM) *

$1150 yikes.gif

I have never seen OEM injectors in original packaging. You pay a premium for hens teeth. Sounds like the car may be worth it.

I bought a set in 2011 from George. They were rare then but he had come upon a batch and offered them up at $100 ea, IIRC. They come with the crimped on braided rubber piece, which I quickly removed considering todays gasoline blends. beerchug.gif
914Next
Yup. I bought 4 from George about 3 years ago and paid $149 each. Now going rate when you can find them is $250-$300.
Such914
QUOTE(mb911 @ May 12 2018, 07:01 AM) *

My college is in Minneapolis, but home is in Whitewater WI. My house is about 40 minutes from Rock Auto HQ.
mb911
QUOTE(Such914 @ May 12 2018, 08:50 AM) *

QUOTE(mb911 @ May 12 2018, 07:01 AM) *

My college is in Minneapolis, but home is in Whitewater WI. My house is about 40 minutes from Rock Auto HQ.

I am 35 minutes from whitewater. Near lake Geneva.
McMark
I think these would work (in the 380cc config). The electrical connector is the new type, but I think the original 914 injector will fit -- or you can install new connectors on your harness.
https://www.fiveomotorsport.com/hose-type-e...o-sport-compact
euro911
Mark, what would you suggest for injectors for a 1911? ... 315cc ~ 380cc is a big gap confused24.gif
McMark
*** I made a new thread in The Garage since this has broader value and may get missed in the classifieds. Click here to respond to this post. Let's move the HiJack over there. wink.gif ***

That question made me dig in deeper. So I collected the following info for stock injectors. The critical piece when comparing injectors is the testing fuel pressure. I was able to look up the flow-report some other members had posted, which show the after cleaning flow rates. A set of 2.0 injectors flow tested at 42 lb/hr, confirming the 380cc @ 2bar rating that's been passed around. So using that, I built the following table using the typically reported flow rates for the other stock injectors.
Click to view attachment

The FiveO injectors don't explicitly state their testing pressure, but industry standard is 3-bar. So using the chart above you can find the best fit injectors for stock replacement. BUT YOU MUST CONSIDER WHAT FUEL PRESSURE YOU WANT TO RUN. Considering this thread is about a stock 2.0, you either need 450cc injectors at 28psi, OR 380cc injectors at 43psi. And higher fuel pressure improves atomization, so I'd upgrade to 3bar fuel pressure.

and now to get to you actual question, "What injectors to use with a 1911?" you also have to consider the collection of components your using. I'm going to answer this based on the assumption that you're using a complete and correct setup, meaning matching ECU, MPS, etc.
(also note: cam choice can make a difference here too because different cams will have different VE results)

Okay, so here we go:
Click to view attachment

So a 1911 is 14% bigger than a stock 1.7. So assuming you had a perfect, complete 1.7 fuel injection system (which implies 'perfect' tuning) that you were installing on a 1911, you would use 380cc injectors to compensate for the increase in displacement.

The 1.8 and 2.0 are there as well.

My thinking, as I type this, is that the tuning of the stock fuel injection is tied to the ECU, MPS and Injectors (mostly). So which collection of components you're using would change which 'upgraded' injectors you would need for a 1911.
euro911
Thanks for doing the homework, Mark beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.