Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another weber Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
redbaron
On the weber 40's I have, there is a part that looks to go on the opposite side of the body from pump where there is now a cover plate.
The part has a brass screen on top of an open bowl and a has a sprung lever on the outside with two "gears" on the inside of the bowl.
I looked on the Weber schematics and all that is shown is the cover plate.... what is it? and do I need it?

Cheers

keith
john rogers
Sounds like the enrichment mechanism. It is shown in the Weber book and most carbs have it blocked off.
redbaron
attached pic
skline
That is the choke, if you live in a warm climate, you dont need it.
redbaron
You've heard of Banff well I live 5 iminutes away, not so warm.
what is needed to hook up the choke?
skline
It should be obvious how to hook it up, you will need a cable to go to each carb and a way to pull them both at the same time. I personally have never hooked one up or seen one for that matters. Living in So cal, most do not hook them up. Someone here must have done it in the past. Not everyone lives where it is warm and sunny most of the time.
redbaron
Thanks Scott
I take it that we are talking manual choke, if thats the case I think I might be able to manage, but can still use input from anyone who has done it.
john rogers
When I bought a set of new Webers several years ago for my stroker four race engine I went to a bunch or trouble to hook them up and found that they really did not help anything at all. I used a pair of bicycle brake cables that hooked to each one and then came into the tunnel and I hooked them to the heater lever. When I pulled the heater lever they choke mechanism would work. After all that messing around, I really did not need it so I unhooked it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.