Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mallory distributor
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
serge914
What a difference it makes . My idle is back to 1000 Rpm and I dont't have that turbo lag anymore .

My only concern is that, in order to time it I had to turn it all the way until the cap holding clilp touch the engine tin. Anyone out there is using it and have the same problem ? I bought the Unilite with optical trigger but no vacuum advance and installed the grey springs.
airsix
QUOTE(serge914 @ Jul 11 2003, 06:09 PM)
My only concern is that, in order to time it I had to turn it all the way until the cap holding clilp touch the engine tin.

Maybe you can re-index the drive on the cam gear one tooth to get the dizzy oriented the way you want. ie pull the dizzy, lift the drive unit, rotate it back one tooth, and drop it back in.
-Ben M.
maf914
I've read that people who use the MSD distributor on T4's use a hammer to adjust the sheet metal. smash.gif Just a thought! laugh.gif

Mike
Brad Roberts
You have to "adjust" the sheet metal for the cap... not the clips that hold it on.

I would re-index the dizzy and wires.

I think the last one I did.. I used the 2 lightest springs possible for full advance before 2300 RPM.

Most Turbo guy's I know run the advance "full" off idle.

B
URY914
I adjusted my sheetmetal with a ball peen hammer.
Worked just fine.

Paul
serge914
Thanks for the advice.

With the 009 I was suffering the turbo lag syndrome at 2500 Rpm but I don't have any turbo. blink.gif
Anyone want a 009 distributor cheap ?
URY914
They're all cheap.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.