Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: wheel
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
fsh2liv
On a '70 1.7L I rescued. Couldn't find it in my literature. 20 slots. Chrome. Click to view attachment

Thanks!
Tom_T
QUOTE(fsh2liv @ May 13 2018, 10:29 AM) *

On a '70 1.7L I rescued. Couldn't find it in my literature. 20 slots. Chrome.

Thanks!

AFAIK it's aftermarket, possibly from JC Whitney's catalog, which you might find some 70's catalogues online with a google search & be able to find it, or examples of it under google images.

AFAIK Porsche/VW-Porsche never offered a chrome 4-lug for the 914/4s, but many owners found options like this to dress-up their 914/4s.

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
SirAndy
Could be aftermarket from a VW Beetle, it is setup to run the chrome center covers.
idea.gif
johnhora
QUOTE(Tom_T @ May 13 2018, 09:39 AM) *

QUOTE(fsh2liv @ May 13 2018, 10:29 AM) *

On a '70 1.7L I rescued. Couldn't find it in my literature. 20 slots. Chrome.

Thanks!

AFAIK it's aftermarket, possibly from JC Whitney's catalog, which you might find some 70's catalogues online with a google search & be able to find it, or examples of it under google images.

AFAIK Porsche/VW-Porsche never offered a chrome 4-lug for the 914/4s, but many owners found options like this to dress-up their 914/4s.

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

agree.gif

Yep kind of look like the ones from JC Whitney's catalog that I think came from Brazil
KELTY360
I bought a ‘73 1.7 brand new and at the time I felt a proper Porsche needed chrome wheels so I told the dealer to put chromies on. That’s the wheel I got with chrome center hub caps. I’ve also seen them on Ghia’s. Don’t know where the dealer got them but I was very happy with them. Looked great.

Do you have a full set? Want to sell?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.