Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Throttle linkage sticky
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tomh
Stock 74 2.0 with FI,out driving this morning noticed the pedal a little sticky got back home a took a look and found the shaft and spring not snapping back sharply.
After snapping it back and forth 5-6 times it worked itself back to working. It is pretty dusty and it just needs to be cleaned.
My question before I start spraying a bunch of stuff down there what is the best cleaner for the throttle body.
Thanks all
Bartlett 914
QUOTE(tomh @ May 13 2018, 04:17 PM) *

Stock 74 2.0 with FI,out driving this morning noticed the pedal a little sticky got back home a took a look and found the shaft and spring not snapping back sharply.
After snapping it back and forth 5-6 times it worked itself back to working. It is pretty dusty and it just needs to be cleaned.
My question before I start spraying a bunch of stuff down there what is the best cleaner for the throttle body.
Thanks all

A little WD40 may help. these bushings often wear out and cause a sticky throttle plate, I offer a repair service for this.
Throttle body repaie service
tomh
Sounds good is their a instruction clip on how to repair using the kit.
BeatNavy
QUOTE(tomh @ May 13 2018, 10:55 PM) *

Sounds good is their a instruction clip on how to repair using the kit.

There are at least several points where the throttle can stick and cause driving / idling issues. One is the butterfly plate shaft in the throttle body. That's what Mark (above) repairs / rebuilds. It's a service, not a "kit." You send him your throttle body and he'll ream it out and put a bushing in to make sure the plate moves and closes freely. He also cleans it up nicely.

Other potential problem points are:

The return spring(s) at the throttle body (missing, damaged, worn-out).

The throttle cable. It could be kinked, catching, or disintegrating somewhere along the route up to the pedal cluster.

And then the pedal cluster itself. The bushings could be worn out and causing things to stick at that point. Bruce (bdstone914) services those.

I replaced ALL of those things - the pedal cluster most recently - and now I do have great throttle movement / response.
rmital
QUOTE(BeatNavy @ May 14 2018, 06:37 AM) *

.....I replaced ALL of those things - the pedal cluster most recently - and now I do have great throttle movement / response.

Oddball: "I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work"
sorry, been looking at your avatar for too long, had to make an obscure comment...at least for those not familiar with Kelly's Hero's
BeatNavy
QUOTE(rmital @ May 14 2018, 08:54 AM) *

QUOTE(BeatNavy @ May 14 2018, 06:37 AM) *

.....I replaced ALL of those things - the pedal cluster most recently - and now I do have great throttle movement / response.

Oddball: "I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work"
sorry, been looking at your avatar for too long, had to make an obscure comment...at least for those not familiar with Kelly's Hero's

Woof woof smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.