Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 market really is hot, $800 Chinese 914 "headers"
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
If you have a Boxster or a 996 you can buy stainless headers for $100.

However they want $800 for these puppies for our 914's.

They could have at least copied the better 2.0 HE's instead. Fire that marketing guy.

Click to view attachment
SirAndy
The welds look nice enough ...
popcorn[1].gif
JeffBowlsby
Square port? Never understood why these cannot be pretty much just straight back pipes.
JmuRiz
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ May 14 2018, 04:30 PM) *

Square port? Never understood why these cannot be pretty much just straight back pipes.

I was thinking the same thing wacko.gif
Mueller
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ May 14 2018, 05:30 PM) *

I bet they just copied a set without even having a vehicle to test them on.

Time and material could be saved if made straight (and better flow in theory)

I see why so expensive now looking at add .... They are listed as "vintage" Porsche parts. smile.gif
porschetub
Ha ha me too ,looks like they had lots of scrap pipe ? ,jeez someone give the guy a bender ,really nothing tuned length there...square port for 914???.
Ben where are you ?,you need to check them out.
Appears the Chinese stuff has fitment issues,yes the welds look nice but a mate was doing a 16v conversion on a mk1 Golf and said the same about the welding and I pointed out a great deal of the bends were "fusion" welded,only filler welds were on the manifold plate and the 4 way connector,and guess what it didn't fit.
ChrisFoley
Useless
mepstein
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ May 14 2018, 09:49 PM) *

Useless

Best summation yet.
Maltese Falcon
A container ship full of Duct Tape couldn't fix the "Disconnect" between Pacific Rim auto products AND their manufacturers; that are heavily reliant on the impulsuve online shopper...that is going to "Get a DEAL"
Wait...WHAT; they make duct tape too ¿ laugh.gif
mb911
QUOTE(porschetub @ May 14 2018, 05:03 PM) *

Ha ha me too ,looks like they had lots of scrap pipe ? ,jeez someone give the guy a bender ,really nothing tuned length there...square port for 914???.
Ben where are you ?,you need to check them out.
Appears the Chinese stuff has fitment issues,yes the welds look nice but a mate was doing a 16v conversion on a mk1 Golf and said the same about the welding and I pointed out a great deal of the bends were "fusion" welded,only filler welds were on the manifold plate and the 4 way connector,and guess what it didn't fit.

Ugh..
rhodyguy
Anyone who spends $800 on parts that are usually a 'give away' (OEM with the casings rusted off) fully deserves what they get for their hard earned money. I hope the seller is sitting on 100s of these pieces of shit.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.