Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A little valuation help and answers to help a good friend who had an engine fire in his six.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
iamchappy
My good friend who lives in Jackson Wyoming had a little engine fire yesterday day has asked for my help on an insurance evaluation to fix his car. His six is in original very good condition and is free of rust and solid, matching numbers same engine with rebuild upgrades 2.1. Everything is solid on this car I begged him to buy it in the mid 80's and it has seen very little exposure to elements. I've always admired it. Yesterday he had an engine fire sounds like it was saved he used 2 handhelds and fire dept showed up to take care of the re ignite. First I will try and find comparable cars sold for cost and then I need help to find a shop to fix it and go over engine. Salt Lake area would probably be closest, and I was even thinking of craig at camp 914, as he commutes to hood river area during the summer. Any suggestions that I can forward to him would be appreciated.
Cairo94507
Eric at PMB?
iamchappy
Isn't Eric Shea in Michigan, but for some reason i kinda thought he was in Salt Lake. If he is in Salt Lake that would be fantastic! I only met Eric once for lunch here in St. Paul years back, i hope he can help fix this car.
Dave_Darling
Valuation: Show the insurance company the recent results from Bring A Trailer. A nice driver-level Six just went for ~70K.

--DD
Larmo63
agree.gif

There is a lot of evidence out there to prove the increasing value of these cars.
mepstein
Eric is in Sandy UT. He knows the value of these cars as well as any other expert.
GeorgeRud
I’d show them the Hagerty Insurance valuations as well as the Bring A Trailer sales data. Eric would be an excellent shop to repair the car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.