Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bulkhead mount for Sabaru conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Aircooledfool
I have been reading the archives learning about the EZ30 conversions and ran across and interest post mentioning the possible use of a bulkhead mount for the engine instead of a cradle. I know there are several vendors who make high quality mounts for the Porsche six conversions and wondered if anyone has explored building a bulkhead mount for a Sabaru conversion?
mepstein
sounds like what I purchased

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...hl=engine+mount
76-914
The fact that you are in TX is a good enough reason to run the EZ30. They are easy to cool and do well n the heat plus they come with a huge alternator and an AC compressor so it's a given that you add AC if you go this route. There are 4-5 of us here that have done the EZ30 conversion and can help with the questions. beerchug.gif
Chris H.
Take a look at this thread.

Turbo Subaru Build

Definitely a great way to mount it. Keeps the whole underside clear which makes routing exhaust, etc easier. Make sure to beef up the mounting points with more metal.
Aircooledfool
Thanks for these links. I don't know how I didn't find these while searching the archive. Each of these will help on the design for my project.
Aircooledfool
Does anyone that used a bulkhead mount have pictures of how they hung the transmission?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.