Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Programmable distributor alternative to the 123Ignition units?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
Just pulled the plug and bought this kit yesterday.

4 preset curves via dip switches. Don't like those and you can use your laptop to make custom curves and a 3D map.

I didn't get in on the 123Ignition group buy and stumbled upon this setup.

As a plus it comes with wires and a new coil and can be used with boost.
$360.

I'm using L-Jet for fuel and it'll fire the injectors when the coil collapses just like a stock distributor.

https://www.cbperformance.com/product-p/2016.htm

Click to view attachment
porschetub
Nice to see another option out there,will the unit clear the engine tin on a T4?,how do the vacuum pickups work? I see 4 of them?.
Should be a good unit,good luck with it.
Beebo Kanelle
Good Info, thanks
Amphicar770
This on their web site. ...

NOTE: MAGNASPARK II & MAGNASPARK Digital will not fit T-3 or T-4, without modification the engine tin. Resistor spark plugs are required.

Bosch Blue Coils are NOT compatible.

Resistor spark plugs are required
Mueller
QUOTE(Amphicar770 @ May 15 2018, 03:50 PM) *

NOTE: MAGNASPARK II & MAGNASPARK Digital will not fit T-3 or T-4, without modification the engine tin. Resistor spark plugs are required.

About same mods as if installing a Mallory or MSD distributor, no big deal.
McMark
The old Mallory was a drop in. But regardless, you're right, it's no big deal.
michael7810
QUOTE(Mueller @ May 15 2018, 04:23 PM) *

QUOTE(Amphicar770 @ May 15 2018, 03:50 PM) *

About same mods as if installing a Mallory or MSD distributor, no big deal.

Can you post a pic of the tin mod? This looks interesting...
rhodyguy
All you is give the tin a med sized dimple where it interferes with the larger distributor body. Easiest to locate the spot when you try to slip the larger dist in. I think I used a hardwood dowel and a hammer.
jim_hoyland

Tomorrow, I'm meeting with my local indy who has serviced my 914 the past 20 years. I'm hoping he can troubleshoot the Mallory Unilite. If he can't, I'm going to consider Plan B

I'm not very mechanical on the ignition system; but a friend came over to trouble shoot the system. He though the coil produced a very wet spark; even a back-up coil appeared weak. After we replaced the Mallory optical module, it started right up; the next day, I started the car to idle in the garage and after 5 minutes it died. Won't restart like before.

So, I'm also thinking there is something else going on; gonna know more next week
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.