Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How to remove headlight arm sealing cap?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ed Evans
Is there a preferred (non destructive) method to remove the dust sealing cap that goes over the headlight pushrod?

Click to view attachment
second wind
QUOTE(Ed Evans @ May 15 2018, 09:32 PM) *

Is there a preferred (non destructive) method to remove the dust sealing cap that goes over the headlight pushrod?

Click to view attachment

I can't get mine on!! I would spray with WD-40 or anything slippery like dish soap or anything and drench the entire boot with a sponge for a while....the boot will slowly loosen without damage if you baby it.....
gg
PlantMan
I pushed mine out with a large blade of a flat head screw driver. Have to wedge the rubber flange out from inside of the bucket pushing outside.
No damage was done to the boot by doing this.
Ed Evans
QUOTE(PlantMan @ May 15 2018, 10:18 PM) *

I pushed mine out with a large blade of a flat head screw driver. Have to wedge the rubber flange out from inside of the bucket pushing outside.
No damage was done to the boot by doing this.

This worked for me also. After pushing through from the bucket side I was able to peel the boot up from the bottom side near the round relay.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.