Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rebuilding D-Jet injectors
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
andreic
I just discovered that one of my injectors on my 1.7L D-Jet is leaking fuel. (I already replaced all the fuel lines, and it is still leaking big time.) Part number 022906031A, yellow connector.

Does anyone know of someone who rebuilds these? I looked on eBay, and people are asking for $150/injector new, which is insane. Or are there some seals that I can access myself to rebuild it?

Thanks,
Andrei.

P.S. Of course, if someone on this forum has a good working one for a reasonable price, I would be very happy to buy one.
Bartlett 914
QUOTE(andreic @ May 16 2018, 10:39 AM) *

I just discovered that one of my injectors on my 1.7L D-Jet is leaking fuel. (I already replaced all the fuel lines, and it is still leaking big time.) Part number 022906031A, yellow connector.

Does anyone know of someone who rebuilds these? I looked on eBay, and people are asking for $150/injector new, which is insane. Or are there some seals that I can access myself to rebuild it?

Thanks,
Andrei.

P.S. Of course, if someone on this forum has a good working one for a reasonable price, I would be very happy to buy one.

If they leak at the base, I do not think they are repairable. If they are dripping then cleaning them may repair them. There are several sources for this service
mepstein
Bruce Stone / bdstone914 had some 1.7’s. Garold might also.
Send them to mr injector. For $17 he cleans and replaces all the consumable parts. Flow tests them and sends you the before and after report. Turn around time is a couple days. Doesn’t charge for ones he can’t get to work to spec. I’ve sent him about 200 injectors and he’s done a great job every time. They come back looking and working like new.
McMark
agree.gif with the other Marks.

Injectors are not repairable, so failure means garbage.
But getting a replacement stock yellow injector isn't hard. And getting extras cleaned is a pretty good idea. Sometimes injectors can't be cleaned well and if you have extras you can make sure and pick the four injectors that flow equal amounts after cleaning.

Better balanced flow means a smoother running engine.
914Sixer
Stupid prices are caused because they are no longer made. Last batch of them were made in the early 2000's.
yellowporky
Just had all 4 of mine rebuilt by fuel injection Corp in tracy California. They actually recast the plastic over new components.
I believe it was $50 each plus shipping tax ect.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.