Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche 914 show in El Segundo Ca this Sunday 16th
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
MATCHBOX914
Looking to have a Porsche 914 Show at the Automobile Driving Museum in El Segundo California. Date would be around the month of September and need a list of interested owners who would show / attend the event. The plan is to have a car show and a collectible display/ sell area. Swap might be possible but very limited. Space would become an issue and needs to be a small event and hoping we can expand at a later date. There would be a small fee to pay for the show but not calculated yet.
This will most likely be a Saturday event based on availability but Sunday is possible.
Exact dates are not available at this time just getting a idea of interested people.

Please follow this link for more information
https://www.automobiledrivingmuseum.org/eve...nt_display=list

Dave

Click to view attachment piratenanner.gif
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(MATCHBOX914 @ May 16 2018, 11:42 AM) *

Looking to have a Porsche 914 Show at the Automobile Driving Museum in El Segundo California. Date would be around the month of September and need a list of interested owners who would show / attend the event. The plan is to have a car show and a collectible display/ sell area. Swap might be possible but very limited. Space would become an issue and needs to be a small event and hoping we can expand at a later date. There would be a small fee to pay for the show but not calculated yet.
This will most likely be a Saturday event based on availability but Sunday is possible.
Exact dates are not available at this time just getting a idea of interested people.

This would be my first show so be nice! shades.gif

Thanks and post your input!

Dave

Dave-

COOL..

I could be interested in your proposed event.
aggiezig
I'm moving to LA this September with my teener. It won't be road worthy yet but I'll be in attendance!
sb914
Depending on date, I'd be in. And, I'm sure if you wanted,you could get over 20 914s
914_7T3
That is a great venue as I recently attended a show hosted by Auto Conduct. My car will be ready by then and would almost certainly attend.

driving.gif
pete000
Have 914's and parts will travel !
jim_hoyland
Great idea; it’s central enough to draw cars from OC, LA, the Valley, Malibu, and even Santa Clarita.
914-300Hemi
Depending on the date I will be there.
Coondog
If date works I am in.
Larmo63
I'd probably give it a go.
abes914
Depending on the date but I wanted to participate.
ruby914
Automobile Driving Museum in El Segundo California, just down the street, I could do that. driving.gif
76-914
QUOTE(aggiezig @ May 16 2018, 12:38 PM) *

I'm moving to LA this September with my teener. It won't be road worthy yet but I'll be in attendance!

Oh Lord. Can you spell transitional shock? I'm a TX transplant as well and all I can say is start eating BBQ and Tex-Mex every day until your move cause you won't find it out here. Too bad someone doesn't offer a forum that covers these type moves. av-943.gif You'll be trading in the Tornado's for Earth Quakes. The Wx here is to die for. Very low humidity and a mild climate to boot. When someone asks you how far away something in TX is you'll likely hear how the distance in miles. In SoCal, because of the traffic, the response will be how many hours away. beerchug.gif
914Toy
I am in depending on the date.
7TPorsh
This would be an easy thing. Let me know if I can help. I know Greg and Mark down at the museum...
The Malibu Cars and Coffee they do is a pretty good get together.
7TPorsh
They are right next door to the Mattel Hot Wheels garage. They do a open house once in a while. Maybe sync it up.
don-6
I am interested.

FYI the Porsche Rennsport Reunion is September 27-30
MATCHBOX914
QUOTE(don-6 @ May 17 2018, 09:28 AM) *

I am interested.

Thanks for that information. Will try to work around that.
Nacho
I'm in but my car is in pieces! definitely would love to see the car show and buy some parts!

Nacho
I'm in but my car is in pieces! definitely would love to see the car show and buy some parts!

914_teener
QUOTE(don-6 @ May 17 2018, 09:28 AM) *

I am interested.

+2

I'll be in Monterrey.....track has a new name now....sipping a beer with Don that week.
burton73
QUOTE(914 7T3 @ May 16 2018, 01:13 PM) *

That is a great venue as I recently attended a show hosted by Auto Conduct. My car will be ready by then and would almost certainly attend.

driving.gif

From your mouth to gods ears. I will try to be there. Close to home

Bob B
MATCHBOX914
We are working on it and will have a flyer shortly.

Please continue posting if you are interested in attending.

Thanks,
Dave

Unpretentious
[quote name='jim_hoyland' date='May 16 2018, 04:49 PM' post='2610009']
Great idea; it’s central enough to draw cars from OC, LA, the Valley, Malibu, and even Santa Clarita and the Central Valley. I’ll plan to make a weekend of it biggrin.gif
effutuo101
Depends on the date. Family reunion in Sept. if not that weekend, I would love to come up.
campbellcj
I am interested as well - Definitely need to avoid conflicting with Rennsport or you'll lose a ton of cars and attendees.
76-914
I'll in as long as Larmo does't wear his Speedo! blink.gif
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(76-914 @ May 24 2018, 08:49 AM) *

I'll in as long as Larmo does't wear his Speedo! blink.gif

Click to view attachment
screenguy914
Interested too.
MATCHBOX914
aktion035.gif aktion035.gif Click to view attachment
Ok, Good to go! Date will be Sunday September 16 and all cost will go to the Museum.
Cost for collector tables and the Swap meet will be $30.00 for a spot. Tables for the collector show will be provided but suggest you bring your own.

I will provide a phone number to purchase tickets online next week. Spots for the swap and collectibles can only be purchased online and not at the show.

Anybody suggest a food truck ?

Thanks and looking forward to a great show! aktion035.gif
Larmo63
General admission is pre-pay, or at the gate?
MATCHBOX914
Good Question. At the gate.
campbellcj
Sounds cool - As of this point it looks like I can make it.
burton73
Allright.

I want to go. Thanks for doing this!!

Bob B
ehokana
Count me in, with car
Coondog
Crap..... Vegas concert that weekend. sad.gif
JRust
Mine isn't air cooled so guess I can't go confused24.gif
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(JRust @ May 25 2018, 05:21 PM) *

Mine isn't air cooled so guess I can't go confused24.gif

No excuses Jaime...do like Route 66...fly in and you can borrow one of my 914's for the weekend.

Oscar
Nacho
I'm in!
MM1
I'm in! Thanks for setting this up - I need some parts for my first 914 project . . . white914.jpg
SO.O.C914er
Count me in this sounds like a good one agree.gif Paul
a914luvr
Thanks for organizing this Dave. I hope this becomes the evolution of our old G&R swap meet. RIP Ron/SLITS. Count me in. beerchug.gif
MATCHBOX914
QUOTE(MATCHBOX914 @ May 24 2018, 01:55 PM) *

aktion035.gif aktion035.gif Click to view attachment
Ok, Good to go! Date will be Sunday September 16 and all cost will go to the Museum.
Cost for collector tables and the Swap meet will be $30.00 for a spot. Tables for the collector show will be provided but suggest you bring your own.

I will provide a phone number to purchase tickets online next week. Spots for the swap and collectibles can only be purchased online and not at the show.

Anybody suggest a food truck ?

Thanks and looking forward to a great show! aktion035.gif

Please follow the link below for swap and collectible spaces. These spaces must be purchased thru the Automobile Driving Museum site only and not available day of event. The swap area will be outside
and the collectible spaces will be indoors. Thanks for your support and let's have a great Gathering. $5.00 Admission is payed at the gate.

olympic914.jpg irish914.jpg andy914.jpg aubergine914.jpg betty914.jpg blue914.jpg creamsicle914.jpg fuchia914.jpg grasshopper914.jpg ravenna914.jpg red914.jpg silver914.jpg white914.jpg signal914.jpg

https://www.automobiledrivingmuseum.org/eve...nt_display=list
Gmanscott55
Should be there also.
MATCHBOX914
icon_bump.gif ar15.gif sawzall-smiley.gif
MM1
Will there be a special parking corral for 914's? beerchug.gif
MATCHBOX914
QUOTE(MM1 @ Jun 11 2018, 10:37 AM) *

Will there be a special parking corral for 914's? beerchug.gif

Yes, There will be a corral for the 914's and will include some early 911's.

Looking forward to a great show! Let's all make this happen. piratenanner.gif aktion035.gif
drem914
Happy to be there if the car is willing and the weather is good. beerchug.gif
MATCHBOX914
Looking for a great turn out! let's make this happen. piratenanner.gif aktion035.gif
This will be more like a Cars and coffee and just hang out and buy parts and toys.
w00t.gif
MATCHBOX914
Going to be cool! piratenanner.gif smoke.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.