Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 16x7 wheels, 35mm offset, fit narrow body?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Freezin 914
I have had a set of 16x7 VTO wheels with a 35mm offset, I am thinking they wouldn’t work on my narrow body car? Is this correct? I believe I would need a 23.3 offset? I will try to look through older threads.. type.gif
Mueller
Those will fit better on the rear than a 23mm offset since they will be inboard 10mm more, still might have tire clearance issue if running 205/50's on a bone stock rear fender.

I test fit my 23mm 7" wide rims on my car and the rim pokes out past the fender a good 1/2".
TravisNeff
Good looking wheels, they will be close. What size tires are you going to run?
JmuRiz
Might work, it’s between the 911R’s 49mm offset and the normal 15/16x7’s 23.3mm

All depends on your car’s fenders though. All cars are a bit different.
914Sixer
Factory Fuchs are ET40. Tire size will determine what will work and what won't.
Freezin 914
QUOTE(Travis Neff @ May 17 2018, 09:11 PM) *

Good looking wheels, they will be close. What size tires are you going to run?

195/55, maybe 205/50, not entirely sure.
914Sixer
Factory 4 bolt Fuchs are ET40. Tire size will determine what will work and what won't.
Freezin 914
The car currently has empi style 5.5’s and is very close to rubbing outer quarters. The grand plan is to change out the 100# springs and put in a set of ground control adjustable coil overs with bilsteins and 140# springs, have the set pictured, another very similar set in charcoal, but even considered a set of cookie cutters I have, of maybe sell the whole works, and go aftermarket RSR Fuchs....I need some help here.....4 lug? 5 lug? I like everything, maybe I need a few more cars!!!! Opinions welcome...
JamesM
This is the exact wheel I run and have convinced a couple other locals to run as well, ET35 is perfect for the narrow body cars to run the widest possible tire. I havent seen 205/50/16 be an issue and you may even be able to go 215 depending on your car and what tire you run. At ET40 the inside of the 215s rub the front strut. ET23 on a 7 inch wheel will rub the fenders on a narrow body. Having a 7" wide wheel with shorter tire sidewall is a huge handling upgrade over stock.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Freezin 914
QUOTE(JamesM @ May 19 2018, 03:15 PM) *

This is the exact wheel I run and have convinced a couple other locals to run as well, ET35 is perfect for the narrow body cars to run the widest possible tire. I havent seen 205/50/16 be an issue and you may even be able to go 215 depending on your car and what tire you run. At ET40 the inside of the 215s rub the front strut. ET23 on a 7 inch wheel will rub the fenders on a narrow body. Having a 7" wide wheel with shorter tire sidewall is a huge handling upgrade over stock.

Excellent pictures, your car looks great! Thank you for the information!
JamesM
QUOTE(Freezin 914 @ May 22 2018, 04:05 AM) *

Excellent pictures, your car looks great! Thank you for the information!

Thanks! The good looking one is my buddies but ill take the complement!
porschetub
QUOTE(Freezin 914 @ May 18 2018, 01:49 PM) *

I have had a set of 16x7 VTO wheels with a 35mm offset, I am thinking they wouldn’t work on my narrow body car? Is this correct? I believe I would need a 23.3 offset? I will try to look through older threads.. type.gif

Not a bad looking wheel never heard of them?,good luck with fitment.
sportlicherFahrer
Recently stumbled across these. Curious how well they fit with a 205/55. Performance tire selection in 195/60R15 is non existent these days.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.