Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear View Mirror
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Anton
Does anyone know the correct position for the base of the rear view mirror?

I am interested in the (outside) distance from the underside of the top windshield trim to the top of the mirror base. It now measures about 11 cm, after a PO windshield replacement, and the view seems okay, but what is original? Can't find it anywhere. Perhaps the workshop manuals state it, but I don't have access to those.

The current windshield is loose, leaking rain water and producing a lot of wind noise. Besides, there is a nasty dent that seems to grow larger... Time for a new one! smash.gif
Jeroen
Hey Anton,

Ik heb 'em net even opgemeten.
De spiegel zit precies in het midden van de ruit en de bovenkant van het montage-plaatje van de spiegel zit 14 cm onder de bovenste rand van de ruit (gemeten met de ruit uit de auto)
Hij lijkt me dus wel goed te zitten op je huidige ruit...

Ik heb de zonnekleppen gevonden zien er nog goed uit.
Een paar hele kleine beschadigingen (eenvoudig te repareren)
Ik stuur je morgen wel wat foto's (batterij van de camera zit nu in de lader)

Wat had je nog meer nodig?

(everyone else: have fun translating this biggrin.gif)

gr.

Jeroen
airsix
I'm currious about this too. I'm on my second 914 and the mirror is definitely possitioned differently than in my first one. In the current car it seems too high - the viewing angle is wrong and I mostly get a shot of the targa-bar padding. sad.gif Anyone tried the mirror mount in the classifieds that replaces the center visor mounts instead of attaching to the glass?
-Ben M.
seanery
I like the looks of the one in the classifieds.
markb
If I remember correctly, it's 4 1/2 inches from the trim to the mirror base. However, If I were to put mine in again, I'd put it a little lower, but that's just me. tongue.gif
Anton
QUOTE(seanery @ Jul 12 2003, 08:06 PM)
I like the looks of the one in the classifieds.

Seanery, what's the URL? Can't find it.

Thanks Mark, it seems about the same distance now.

And, thanks Jeroen. I guess those guys will never learn Dutch if they are not properly trained. tongue.gif Just kidding.
I will get back to you by e-mail.

Later. smilie_flagge24.gif
seanery
It's not there anymore.

The guy is selling them on ebay:
914 mirror replacement

He's getting top dollar for them now!
IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.