Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear facing camera system?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
screenguy914
Anyone recommend a rear facing camera system? Primarily for rear viewing , not for parking. No video recording requirements. Wireless preferred. I'm imagining a good monitor, foldable and center-mounted under the IP.

I've read the reviews and aware of the price range ($40-$700); hoping for some real-world experiences on the lower end (~$100-$150).

Thanks
Maltese Falcon
Got a lead for you...send me an email thumb3d.gif
sb914
I don't have one but,how about one of the license plate frame camera.
Prices are all over the place,but easy peasy.
kahluver
2 cents... You may want to go wired. I had a wireless backup camera and apparently it shared the frequency of other cameras. When I'd drive I'd pickup other cameras and got random views of bumpers and liquor stores on my monitor.
ConeDodger
Spend the extra. My wife bought her BMW loaded with everything but the rear view camera. I put it in for her and frankly, I think the quality is junk. The resolution is so bad it always looks like my Toyota rear view camera does when it's raining.

Spend the extra... smile.gif
thelogo
QUOTE(kahluver @ May 19 2018, 03:13 PM) *

2 cents... You may want to go wired. I had a wireless backup camera and apparently it shared the frequency of other cameras. When I'd drive I'd pickup other cameras and got random views of bumpers and liquor stores on my monitor.

Your the man . Wired this is the one

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B072HNK3Q5?p...yo_pop_mb_pd_t2

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.