Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Delayed power when accelerating ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cal914
I have a 2.0 original 6 engine upgraded too a 2.2 with E cams ,I had the carbs rejetted because she was apparently running to lean ,now when accelerating the car splutters and there’s a vagueness when accelerating at speed allmost as though it’s being pulled back (if that makes sense )she’s also she pops a lot at speed ,any advice would be great
Thanks Brian
iankarr
I’m not a carb expert by any means, but had my share of the same issues on my carbed 2056. Oversll, it sounds like the carbs are out of sync....which would explain a lot of what you’re describing. Jetting may also need to be fine tuned further since that pulling back sensation indicates a “flat spot” and popping is usually cause by a lean condition.

I’m sure if you post your jets, vents, linkage, last rebuild and how you synched the carbs, the brain trust here (especially Chris at Tangerine) can help!
cal914
I had the work done at an independent Porsche Garage ,I’d have to check with the Mechanic to see exactly what he changed ,I was going to take her to a rolling road to have them take a look ,is that a good idea do you think
Thanks Brian
914Toy
QUOTE(cal914 @ May 20 2018, 10:38 AM) *

I had the work done at an independent Porsche Garage ,I’d have to check with the Mechanic to see exactly what he changed ,I was going to take her to a rolling road to have them take a look ,is that a good idea do you think
Thanks Brian

Cal, sent you a PM.
GeorgeRud
Read Paul Abbot’s excellent article on Weber carburetors on his Performance Oriented website. Be sure to check your timing and valve lash are correct before fiddling with the carbs however. Plugged idle jets are often a problem with Weber carbs and today’s ethanol laced fuels. If you have access to the equipment, knowing if it’s running lean would help. Also be sure to check your accelerator pump volume if it’s perhaps going lean when you’re accelerating.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ May 20 2018, 04:23 PM) *

Read Paul Abbot’s excellent article on Weber carburetors on his Performance Oriented website.

agree.gif A must read for working on IDA /6 weber carbs.

QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ May 20 2018, 04:23 PM) *

Also be sure to check your volume if it’s perhaps going lean when you’re accelerating.

agree.gif Did you install a new gasket kit? Your accelerator pump diaphragms might be shot.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.