Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bird is the Word
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Craigers17
So I've been occupied with some other projects recently, including replacing some fascia boards, soffits, and gutters on the back of my house. So today I go out to do some sanding on the 914, which I admittedly haven't touched in months, and I find a bird's nest behind the driver's side firewall in the very corner.....this confirms the fact that I need to get my lazy ass back on the project.

...but now I feel somewhat obligated to wait for the birds to hatch and move on, since it's mostly due to my lack of working on it that the little bastards are in there.

Hmmm,,,, idea.gif Maybe this gives me a few more weeks to work on the house?

I wonder if I'll feel like an "empty nester" when they're gone?

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
mbseto
Carolina wren?
maf914
Good for you for giving them some time. I hope the eggs hatch and the birds all develop and fly away.

Carolina wrens? When we lived in Savannah there used to be several of them in our backyard. Great little birds!
Unobtanium-inc
I love to see happy wildlife in a car, it's normally rats or raccoons. Neither of those usually makes you say awwww.
Front yard mechanic
Bird is the word
gandalf_025
I drive my truck 5 days a week and Park it on weekends.
Found a bird nest with eggs under the hood one day.
It doesn’t take long for them to move in...
Niece commutes 75 miles a day 6 days a week
And the mice still made a nest in her glove compartment..
Babies and all...
They are quick to settle in..
Craigers17
...based on the nest/burrow it has made, I think you are correct ... carolina wren. I hope the "hatching to mother kicking them out of the nest" phase happens quickly. That being said, at least wrens are small birds. An ostrich would have been a mother!
Rand
Breakfast for one.

I apologize in advance, but can't stop me-seff...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WNrx2jq184

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WNrx2jq184
EdwardBlume
Not big enough to make an omelet. av-943.gif
Front yard mechanic
QUOTE(Front yard mechanic @ May 21 2018, 04:22 AM) *

Bird is the word

Now now now now now now everybody knows about the bird
74ravenna
QUOTE(Craigers17 @ May 20 2018, 04:08 PM) *

So I've been occupied with some other projects recently, including replacing some fascia boards, soffits, and gutters on the back of my house. So today I go out to do some sanding on the 914, which I admittedly haven't touched in months, and I find a bird's nest behind the driver's side firewall in the very corner.....this confirms the fact that I need to get my lazy ass back on the project.

...but now I feel somewhat obligated to wait for the birds to hatch and move on, since it's mostly due to my lack of working on it that the little bastards are in there.

Hmmm,,,, idea.gif Maybe this gives me a few more weeks to work on the house?

I wonder if I'll feel like an "empty nester" when they're gone?

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Maybe Prothonotary Warbler?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.