Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear Window Install Help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jdamiano
My targa top latchs fell apart when I took the roll bar pad off and I am hoping someone can post a pic of them together. When I was at AA George sent me home with a couple of Rear Window Caps for the job but I didn’t see them during the disassembly and can’t figure out where they go. It’s a 73. I have the glass back in already so I hope if they are needed I can still install them. Anyone know?
Mark Henry
Two little rectangle rubber strips/blocks?
Under the bottom of the window pane to hold it up off the sill bottom.
Mark Henry
Again....

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
jdamiano
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ May 20 2018, 03:02 PM) *

Again....

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

Here is a picture.
jdamiano
I’m thinking like this and I’m missing some Cclips and that’s why they came apart.
jdamiano
I found a picture showing how the latch goes together and I am missing the Cclip or wire retainer that holds them together. I guess it works without them since they weren’t there when I took it apart. I would like to replace them though. Any one know what will work and where to get them?

Still no idea what these plastic clips are for??
cwpeden
Not a roof part. Is there a part# on the bag?
jdamiano
It’s number 5 in the AA catalog on page 101 and here’s a pic of the bag. Also pn 914 552 174 10. I was trying to figure it out today so I could reassemble but I may need to call AA tomorrow
Wyvern
The plastic clip is the part that fits in the door . It finishes off the rubber / window goes through it .
poorsche914
QUOTE(Wyvern @ May 20 2018, 08:10 PM) *
The plastic clip is the part that fits in the door . It finishes off the rubber / window goes through it .

Here are two shots... the orange is a '72 with the rubber piece in place. The green one is a '73 with the rubber piece missing but shows the screw that the later models had.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

driving.gif
jdamiano
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ May 20 2018, 06:14 PM) *

QUOTE(Wyvern @ May 20 2018, 08:10 PM) *

Here are two shots... the orange is a '72 with the rubber piece in place. The green one is a '73 with the rubber piece missing but shows the screw that the later models had.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

driving.gif

OK nothing to do with the back window. It’s for the back of the door glass. Thanks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.