Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: oil temp sender
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
messix
trouble shooting temp gage problem and the haynes doesnt show the location.

the wasnt working then today it reads full tilt boogie hot , even when engine is cold.

most likely shorted some were but where?

and i cant find the green with black stripe wire in the engine conpartment.
ChrisFix
The oil temp sending unit is on the drivers-side bottom of the engine. It is threaded into the 'taco plate' which is a round plate about 3" in diameter. The plate itself is attached to the oil pan with a couple of screws, and the sender sticks into the oil from there.
messix
thank you chris.

i thought maybe that was it.
Bleyseng
The wire shorts out in the clip attached to the fan right after it leaves the taco plate or where it enters the engine tin by the fuel lines.
messix
yeh thanx i found it.

had to to do a hack up wire repair and reroute. but its not gonna get chewed again.

what tool box engineer runs a wire between the engine bar and the engine that is mounted to flexable mounts?

my car is so low it hits the curb comming into my driveway... i already raise the front some. it seemed like it was on the bumps. now gonna figure out how the p/o lowered the rear and get it up another inch or so.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.