Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: my OS/2 People
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bd1308
I have video sorted out....Thanks 914GT for that!
I need things like Ethernet and stuff....does OS/2 support the realtek line of chipsets?
actually win98 natively detected EVERYTHING on my new OS/2 computer......

it's a OLD compaq, but it should do the trick....it's a HOSS though.

I just need a slim win2000 server machine.....i think i might make the case myself.

is there a OS/2 IBM insider that I could pay to get me the updates for OS/2 on CD or something.....I know there are like 500 or so......

please?
914GT
OS/2 Device Driver Pak Online
Realtek driver
Rand
Wisdom tells me to make no comments. But a few beers makes me ask... Why are you still messing with OS2? Wait... don't answer that. Never mind. I'm gonna go grab another and play some pong.
biggrin.gif
bd1308
QUOTE (Rand @ Jun 9 2005, 11:02 PM)
Wisdom tells me to make no comments. But a few beers makes me ask... Why are you still messing with OS2? Wait... don't answer that. Never mind. I'm gonna go grab another and play some pong.
biggrin.gif

drink all the beer ya want and you are entitled to wonder why......some people collect many cars and have them around...I collect computers. I actually built a 486/100mhz to play old dos games on! I'm a collector.
Verruckt
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Jun 10 2005, 06:04 AM)
biggrin.gif

drink all the beer ya want and you are entitled to wonder why......some people collect many cars and have them around...I collect computers. I actually built a 486/100mhz to play old dos games on! I'm a collector.

I did that up until about a year ago. Was kind of cool. Got any Amigas? There was a Debian port at one time.. wink.gif
Porcharu
Check BMTmicro.com I just saw an update package for about $15.
I can't believe that I am this bored at work -- writing about O/S 2. I still have a 486/133 up in attic with O/S 2/ DOS / NT / and Win98.
bd1308
QUOTE (Verruckt @ Jun 10 2005, 06:42 AM)
biggrin.gif

I did that up until about a year ago. Was kind of cool. Got any Amigas? There was a Debian port at one time.. wink.gif

I want a semi-fast amiga SO BAD!!!! My high-school broadcast comm. teacher had one.... 2000T or something like that....it was BAD-ASS!! I wish i had one. I know nothing about amigas or sun boxes.
bd1308
QUOTE (Verruckt @ Jun 10 2005, 06:42 AM)
biggrin.gif

on the debian note, I have a dual Pentium Pro 333 (P2 Overdrive chips--these things look raw) server runnign debian sarge (Just released as stable--WHOO HOO!) I was jumping when i heard that. if anybody has old amigas, ship them my way....i'll pick them up too. If ya want, I could give ya a account on my box. I have a webmail server running, along with three different phpbb2 boards (unused...one was going to be a 914club-backup site...i wanted to be a admin so bad...of SOMETHING) anywho........yeah i'm looking for amiga.
mharrison
I have a shrink wrapped copy of of OS/2 WARP 4 UPGRADE sitting on my desk. I ran across it this week. Man the world is too funny when a handfull of people are working with, talking about, and looking at OS/2 at the same time in the year 2005!

Although we've got a server I built less than a year ago with OS/2 WARP 4 Server for an IRS application here at the bank. It felt a little like putting a 1970's 1.7 engine in a Boxter. Although honestly OS/2 was (and is) a kick ass OS. They just didn't have the marketing behemoth pushing it.
Alas, due to this, it's day has really pretty much passed.
bd1308
speaking of building servers, I have had to build a server (from win2000 advanced server) to allow my PCs and the macs to talk to each other. Apparently no other OS supports appletalk natively....so i suppose i'll have to build a mini-PC server for my AMD500mhz CPU......with like a 1GB hard drive to share a PC drive over a apple talk network.....

OS/2 is awesome! SO awesome. upgrade does me no good. OS/2 server would be nice, but PITA to find updates/drivers for. Warp 4 is where it's at, and I'm going to grab every update I can find.

I have a P-133 to use as a OS/2 computer....it'll be fine.

Still want a amiga though. A 4000 would be awesome.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.