Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trolling for 914clubers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
J P Stein
using a yellow 914 for bait. Got my first one before I got t a hundred miles......John Kelly
heading South to give his metal shaping clinic......hey, this is gonna be easy..oughtt to limit out before I hit the border. laugh.gif

Never saw another Porsche, much less a 914. sad.gif
Let's hope it's better at Mather on Saturday.
Eric Taylor
I 5 Is fun for that. Jim chambers caught me a little while ago with his racer. the Hook was in their tightly:)
Eric
Steve_7x
JP

You'll see at least one (me) on Saturday am.

Look for a white Durango and a Featherlite enclosed... see you tomorrow!

Steve
J P Stein
Steve:
I plan to be there by 7:30....gud plan rolleyes.gif

Look for a funkyford followed by a blob of yellow.

Mueller
QUOTE (J P Stein @ Jun 10 2005, 09:42 AM)
Steve:
I plan to be there by 7:30....gud plan rolleyes.gif

Look for a funkyford followed by a blob of yellow.

so JP is really driving down here???

why no big old celebration??

Dave_Darling
Yeah, really!!

Mather and Alameda autoXes on the same day, though... Tough choice!!

The autoX school at Candlestick is next weekend. It's full-up, but visitors are welcome...

--DD
J P Stein
QUOTE (Mueller @ Jun 10 2005, 08:54 AM)

Dunno, Mike...maybe it's because I've been kind of an asshole bout this.
Trying to get folks to exxperience something different can be tough and challenging
folks only works on certain personalities.

Anthew, I'm here in Yuba City......11 hrs from Vancouver.....2 ea 60 buck fillups from home.
Getting to Alameda from here is a major league PITA towing or no....or so my son says. I'll admit I would like to run with all these 914 club guys....from what I read, they are hella fast. biggrin.gif
Bob Wolcott
I'm located in McMinnville, OR and here is my project.

http://oregonstate.edu/~wolcottr/Porsche/

I'd welcome any tips or advice you might have and basically I'm building a autocross car with this. The engine is built to RS specs with mechanical injection etc...

Bob
Mueller
QUOTE (J P Stein @ Jun 10 2005, 01:09 PM)
QUOTE (Mueller @ Jun 10 2005, 08:54 AM)

Dunno, Mike...maybe it's because I've been kind of an asshole bout this.
Trying to get folks to exxperience something different can be tough and challenging
folks only works on certain personalities.

Anthew, I'm here in Yuba City......11 hrs from Vancouver.....2 ea 60 buck fillups from home.
Getting to Alameda from here is a major league PITA towing or no....or so my son says. I'll admit I would like to run with all these 914 club guys....from what I read, they are hella fast. biggrin.gif

well heck, I might have to drive up to Sacto just to make fun of your car in person smile.gif

now to figure out the location and time for Sat. events....busy pounding metal on Sun.....

Root_Werks
QUOTE (Bob Wolcott @ Jun 10 2005, 12:17 PM)
I'm located in McMinnville, OR and here is my project.

http://oregonstate.edu/~wolcottr/Porsche/

I'd welcome any tips or advice you might have and basically I'm building a autocross car with this. The engine is built to RS specs with mechanical injection etc...

Bob

Nice 914, those AA flares or factory flares? drooley.gif
Bob Wolcott
They are factory flares that I bought in '97, when I began this project. I have finally decided to get it done because storing parts is a real pain.

Bob
J P Stein
Mike, here's a link.

http://www.sfrscca.com/solo2/Sites/mather.htm
J P Stein
QUOTE (Bob Wolcott @ Jun 10 2005, 01:06 PM)
They are factory flares that I bought in '97, when I began this project. I have finally decided to get it done because storing parts is a real pain.

Bob

97?.....My first suggestion would be to move a little quicker on that project laugh.gif

nine14cats
Hi JP,

I'm sorry I won't get to meet up with you while you are here. Other than the fact my car is in a million pieces I've got all kinds of shit going on for the next several weeks (I'm rennovating a rental house and I need to finish it so I can start making $$$ again!)

Yeah...I'm a CSOB and proud of it!

But I hope to have "The Beast" in great shape for Parade. Then we can really see how SOL and "The Beast" measure up with other.

My car will be the one at Portland in a million pieces most likely.... laugh.gif

Kick some SCCA tail on Saturday! And it will be great to see how your times compare with Steve Nieslony's. In my opinion, Steve is one of the best Auto-x guys in Northern CA.

Thanks,

Bill P.
Dman
I'll be there! Not going to miss the only auto cross in Sac so far this year!

Trying to get my wife to drive also, I don't understand her resistance? confused24.gif

See you in the morning!
Mueller
anyone local up for a drive to go harass JP and the others for few hours???

John Kelly
Hi JP,

That was funny...what are the chances of there being two 914s with big flares at a rest stop? Your car looks great! We made it to Sacramento in the lovely stepvan that hides Felix's 914...no problems.

John www.ghiaspecialties.com
neo914-6
Yeah, how did you recognize the 914 cloaked in van's clothing? laugh.gif
Porsche Rescue
JP, I was on I-5 coming north with my fish Wed. pm and all day Thursday.

Eric, kept looking for you when I passed through Eugene.

J P Stein
QUOTE (Neo914 @ Jun 10 2005, 06:40 PM)
Yeah, how did you recognize the 914 cloaked in van's clothing? laugh.gif

We were doing a pit stop at the same rest area.

Glad you made it John.
I got almost 13 mpg, so I prolly made fewer stops than you & that milk truck. Your wife must be made of stout stuff. Mine woulda taken one look at that set-up & said "No way, Jose".
dan10101
Steve and JP,
I hope to make it tomorrow. Look for an 86 944 Turbo (followed by oil and crap)

Anyway, if my tires don't rub, I'll be there. Too late to go out and try it now.

Andrew will be sleeping in after his all night graduation clap.gif party otherwise we'd be taking his car. He'd let me take it, but we plan on driving it over to the fender bash party on Sunday and I don't want to break anything.

Wohoo a car weekend!! Except for the WCC, it's been 6+ months...
Eric Taylor
Next year jim smile.gif should have the teener even! Give me a call if you ever go through.
Eric
John Kelly
QUOTE (J P Stein @ Jun 10 2005, 07:40 PM)
QUOTE (Neo914 @ Jun 10 2005, 06:40 PM)
Yeah, how did you recognize the 914 cloaked in van's clothing?  :lol:

We were doing a pit stop at the same rest area.

Glad you made it John.
I got almost 13 mpg, so I prolly made fewer stops than you & that milk truck. Your wife must be made of stout stuff. Mine woulda taken one look at that set-up & said "No way, Jose".

Hi JP,

We got 9.5 miles per gallon hauling the car and my tools in the stepvan....yikes! About $400 for gas round trip.

John www.ghiaspecialties.com
Joe Bob
Yikes....I doan feel so bad with 12.5 mpg with my Dodge and the Vortech Blower.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.