front (rear?) shot:
Aaron Cox
now if only it matched your car tongue.gif
Brando
'nother side:
Aaron Cox
powder coat? and did you do all the other pieces too? beerchug.gif
Brando
Misc. holes like this will be plugged with fancy black plugs held in my clear RTV.
Brando
Last one... I love the way that metallic blue shines.
Brando
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Jun 9 2005, 09:18 PM)
powder coat? and did you do all the other pieces too? beerchug.gif

No powder coat... A&C would have wanted like $50, plus I don't have the other peices to be coated the same.

1 bottle of Jasco aircraft paint stripper (gel), one bottle of naval jelly, a metal-blackening kit from jasco, Rustoleum cold-galvanizing, rustoleum rust-prohibitive primer, two cans of metallic blue, one can ceramic clear-coat. Now I just have to polish and/or wax them a tad and they're ready to use. With a few minutes of minor shaping I was able to get rid of most of the dents and warping in the metal. Also ground off a few un-needed pieces to give them a cleaner look. Holes will be plugged with black plugs-- i didn't have any spare metal or oxy-acetelyne to weld them up.

what's the verdict? That cheapo engine tin sure polished up nice eh?
ematulac
smilie_pokal.gif

works for me!
Dead Air
Sweeet!!
I'll be doing the same thing with Rustolium Hammercoat (?), I think that's what it's called. How did you de-grease them?
Brando
QUOTE (Dave Eddy @ Jun 10 2005, 05:25 AM)
Sweeet!!
I'll be doing the same thing with Rustolium Hammercoat (?), I think that's what it's called. How did you de-grease them?

2 rounds of Engine Foamy Brite, followed by a hard scrubbing of Simple Green with a wire brush.
CptTripps
Now do the rest of your car, and you'll be all set!

Lookin good bro!
Grimstead
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Jun 9 2005, 10:17 PM)
now if only it matched your car  :P

But they would look nice on my car happy11.gif

BTW, Great Job Brando smilie_pokal.gif

PS, Buddy Jesus Rocks!
Grimstead
icon_bump.gif

Sooo Brando,
How is your paint job holding up? confused24.gif

How about some pictures? smile.gif

Bill
beer.gif
Brando
The engine tin is doing fine... Still air-tight bagged and in storage, waiting for the new motor biggrin.gif

The rest of the car, however... could use a wash.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.