Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Dash Pad Installation
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
szuccaro
Looking for someone to install my 914 dash pad and trim molding - I understand its a nightmare to do. Can pay nominal fee. Thanks. Steve

San Jose, CA area
Email me if you can help me out: steve.zuccaro@netiq.com

http://home.comcast.net/~zuccaro/photo_Cars_914.htm
Grimstead
Is the old allready out? I took my dash off a couple weeks ago to be refinished and it wasn't hard at all. It was a apin reaching some of the plastic bolts but still only took 20 min tops. When you say trim monlding, do you mean the covers around the pillers? If so, that is very easy (just take your time with the screwdriver).
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (Grimstead @ Jun 10 2005, 08:21 AM)
Is the old allready out? I took my dash off a couple weeks ago to be refinished and it wasn't hard at all. It was a apin reaching some of the plastic bolts but still only took 20 min tops. When you say trim monlding, do you mean the covers around the pillers? If so, that is very easy (just take your time with the screwdriver).

agree.gif

it's a pain, but still takes less than an hour...
Dave_Darling
Pics of the locations of the screws, on a dash top that has been removed. (Pics courtesy of Sammy G; thanks Sammy!!)
Dave_Darling
Pic 2:
Dave_Darling
Pic 3:
Dave_Darling
Last pic.
CptTripps
agree.gif and agree.gif

First time taking it out: 45min

First time putting it back on: 30min

Subtract 5min each additional install/replace till you get to where you can do it in about 15min...

Get a 13mm SMALL wrench, and it's a lot easier. One of those little stubby guys.
tat2dphreak
Get a 13mm SMALL wrench, and it's a lot easier. One of those little stubby guys.

or at harbor freight they have the ratchets that you can turn a handle to actuate the socket... that made the hard ones easy...
jim_hoyland
Follow up question:

Can the piece between the front window and dash pad be removed with taking out the fron t window ?

Any tricks needed here ?
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (jim_hoyland @ Jun 10 2005, 05:19 PM)
Follow up question:

Can the piece between the front window and dash pad be removed with taking out the fron t window ?

Any tricks needed here ?

yes, but you still have to take off the dash... that piece is basically just glued down fabric... you just pull it up and clean the mess...
boxstr
I can fly in a remove and reinstall your dashpad if you would like. Just have a Private Gulfstream jet waiitng for me at the Flightcraft center in PDX. I can even supply the newly recoverd dashpad and targa bars are also available.
CCLINDASHMAN
Verruckt
QUOTE (boxstr @ Jun 12 2005, 10:13 AM)
I can fly in a remove and reinstall your dashpad if you would like. Just have a Private Gulfstream jet waiitng for me at the Flightcraft center in PDX. I can even supply the newly recoverd dashpad and targa bars are also available.
CCLINDASHMAN

Can I rent you and your elves when I'm ready to do my interior? Could have Joe fly you out for the weekend. biggrin.gif

Beer provided of course. wink.gif
boxstr
We will be waiting anxiously on the tarmack. smile.gif
CCLINFLYMETOTHEMOON
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.