Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Interior Lighting
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TINCAN914
I removed my backpad long ago because the thing was shredded. At that time I zip tied the backpad light under the dash, then added a small push button switch, works finel but looks like crap.

I was looking for some ideas on how others might have mounted the light under the dash. I thought about building a small acrylic box to mount under the dash, but thought perhaps there was an easier way.
Suggestions and photos would be appreciated.
SirAndy
LED strip across the bottom of the lower dashpad ...
shades.gif
RickS
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 23 2018, 04:43 PM) *

shades.gif

Instant winner! piratenanner.gif
Bartlett 914
I mounted LED strips under the dash. There are plenty of places. I don't think I would mount it on the lower dashpad but behind it. This way you only illuminate the floor and don't have glaring lights. I did this and it looks great. I never liked that light in the backpad. It just seemed to blind me
SirAndy
QUOTE(Bartlett 914 @ May 24 2018, 06:39 AM) *
I mounted LED strips under the dash. There are plenty of places. I don't think I would mount it on the lower dashpad but behind it. This way you only illuminate the floor and don't have glaring lights. I did this and it looks great. I never liked that light in the backpad. It just seemed to blind me

I obviously wasn't suggesting to mount it to be visible when sitting in the car ...
rolleyes.gif
Bartlett 914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 24 2018, 11:32 AM) *

I obviously wasn't suggesting to mount it to be visible when sitting in the car ...
rolleyes.gif

I really didn't think you would do that. I just thought it looked like this might be read that way
SirAndy
QUOTE(Bartlett 914 @ May 24 2018, 11:58 AM) *

QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 24 2018, 11:32 AM) *

rolleyes.gif

I really didn't think you would do that. I just thought it looked like this might be read that way

beerchug.gif
TINCAN914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 23 2018, 05:43 PM) *

shades.gif

Great idea, thanks Andy.
partwerks
I just put in a mirror with maps lights.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.