Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: dellorto mid range bogs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
80cap
I have a 2056 with a web cam and twin drla 40 dells. The car falls flat at 3400 rpm in all gears. Once the primary jets kick in it pulls to redline. any advice on jet size or set up is wanted. All the passages are clear. This is mainly at mid throttle.
Brian headbang.gif
yeahmag
For starters we need to know all about the carbs.

Venturi size
Idle jet size
Main jet size
Air correction jet size
...and ideally float level
MarkV
Are you sure it doesn't have some other problem because it seems like a strange problem for carbs. Maybe you have a stuck advance mechanism in your distributor.

For reference 2056:

34mm vents

idle jets 60

main jets 132

air 180

porschetub
QUOTE(80cap @ May 24 2018, 11:54 AM) *

I have a 2056 with a web cam and twin drla 40 dells. The car falls flat at 3400 rpm in all gears. Once the primary jets kick in it pulls to redline. any advice on jet size or set up is wanted. All the passages are clear. This is mainly at mid throttle.
Brian headbang.gif

Not sure what you mean by primary jets,I would think @ 3400 you will be on your main jets,wouldn't think your distributer is at fault as you should be fully advanced by then and you would "bog" earlier in your rev range,think your mains are to large and your transition from idles to mains is poor,what is your mid range rpm?.not sure what that is.
Specs needed as mentioned,not many can help otherwise, beer.gif

80cap
I'll record al the specs today and repost. I kinda suspect an advance problem.
Brian
cgnj
QUOTE(80cap @ May 23 2018, 04:54 PM) *

Brian headbang.gif

Hi,
I think I can help. Need to know the following
1. Venturi ,idle jet,main jet, pump jet, air correction jet, emulsion tube
2.What distributor are you using & what advance are you running?
3.What linkage are you using?
4.When did you last sync them?

Tossing jets in and out gets pretty expensive, Ask me how I know.

Regards,

Carlos
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.