Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 71-72 seats and back pad?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Freezin 914
I am not very familiar with the 70-72 interiors, my question is can you use later interior parts, seats (adjustable) and back pad and maybe a center console from let’s say a 74’? I am looking at purchasing a 72 project car and curious, know the passenger seat is fixed in place. Also curious if a factory 74 sway bar set up can be retro fitted into a 72? I know the cars are similar, but again not as familiar with the earlier cars. confused24.gif
mepstein
yes, it all works. To use a later passenger seat in an early car, buy the adaptor kit from tangerine racing. it's a great little bolt in kit - no welding and totally reversible.
Montreal914
QUOTE(mepstein @ May 23 2018, 07:27 PM) *

yes, it all works. To use a later passenger seat in an early car, buy the adaptor kit from tangerine racing. it's a great little bolt in kit - no welding and totally reversible.

Gotta love our little cars sunglasses.gif
jcd914
70 & 71 have the fixed passenger seat.
72 - 76 have adjustable passenger seats.

If you are looking at a 72 project car it should have an adjustable seat.

Jim
SKL1
Never have minded the passenger seat in my '71- I never sit over there!!!
majkos1
When I had the opportunity to get a ride in a 914/6
The interior was redone in Leather...
Same fixed seat set up, but
I was way more comfortable than the adjustable seat!!
More cushion.
Stayed in the seat as we hit the twisties ! piratenanner.gif
clapeza
QUOTE(mepstein @ May 23 2018, 10:27 PM) *

A previous owner thought it was a great idea to cut out the original seat mounts in my car and squeeze a pair of mid-80's Toyota seats in my car. I had no seats, no back pad, no parking brake... I can attest that Tangerine Racing's kit works great. Easy install, and smooth operation. 914Rubber now has a plastic replacement back pad, as well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.