Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: trip odometer reset cable
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mbycler
hey guys,
this is gonna sound like an insignificant question and i'm not even sure this is the right forum to post it on (1st time here) but here goes: does anyone know where i can find a replacement trip odometer cable. just tore down the speedo and recalibrated / fixed the odometer, and i hate to put it all back together without it. i checked pelican / auto atlanta / searched classifieds, ebay, forums - any help?
ArtechnikA
on the west coast, try PartsHeaven or EASY for a good used one.
they don't (typically) break, and they're not visible.

they don't seem to have an individual part number (they're sold as part of the speedo) so they're probably not goping to be available through dealer channels.

or you might try the places that deal with such instruments - like North Hollywood or Palo Alto Speedo - but those places tend to think very highly of their parts...

with all the parts cars and race car conversions - you might find someone willing to just send you one for not a lot. i have plans for mine or i would...
mbycler
i'll try them all. like your website. i'm from philly myself - probably be back there some day - with the car. any swap meets in the area to score some 914 or Karman Ghia parrts?
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (mbycler @ Jun 11 2005, 12:54 AM)
i'll try them all. like your website. i'm from philly myself - probably be back there some day - with the car. any swap meets in the area to score some 914 or Karman Ghia parrts?

if by 'the' area you mean SoCal, there's a big German car meet in Ventura in early September, and another one in late January / early February.

in SEPA, the big event is at Hershey in April.

i really need to update the website, but i am gonna be swamped until Parade...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.