Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 1974 Light Ivory 3.2 Conversion -- SOLD
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
McMark
*** S O L D ***

First off... Here's a link to Jeff's build thread documenting the evolution of the car. Jeff was a meticulous kind of person. I help him with various aspects of the project, but everything he did was done well, in my opinion.

The car is a 1974 Porsche 914, originally delivered with a 1.8, now converted using a 1985 3.2 911 engine and retaining the Motronic fuel injection. MSDS ceramic coated headers with a stock Dansk 2-in-1-out exhaust. Fuel pump relocated to the 75/76 location under the fuel tank. Brand new fuel pump installed (zero miles). Stainless steel hard lines through the tunnel and braided AN hoses and AN fittings throughout. Engine is mounted using the Original Customs Reproduction 914-6 Mount. On-engine oil cooler converted to 914-6 style, and 914-6 style oil return line by Original Customs. Engine access cover in firewall, done at Original Customs. Oil tank is DWD Design -- The best tank ever made, in my opinion.

Transmission is an original side-shifter 901 which Jeff rebuilt at one of Dr. Evil's rebuild clinics. Shifting has been upgraded with a Rennshift shifter, and all new bushings front to back.

Added engine bay fuse panel, adding protection to all power circuits. 911 tachometer installed, and all dash gauges working as they should. DME and associated components installed in rear trunk.

Chassis has no evidence of ever being in an accident. Only minor rust repair was ever required, and the hell hole and battery tray were completely repaired at Original Customs. Front trunk was cut for AC, but Jeff welded in a flat plate. There is a bit of rust developing on the front cowl, on the passenger side. The rear fender lips have been rolled to add clearance for the wheels/tires, this cracked and chipped the paint in that immediate area. Passenger side is rubbing a bit and has bubbled the paint. Overall the paint is acceptable for driver-quality, but a full repaint would give this car the looks to match its mechanical state. Interior and engine compartment were stripped to bare metal and repainted, then covered inside and out with DynaMat Extreme. New carpet kit and floor mats. Seats have a few imperfections, but look decent.

Front suspension has been converted to 911, with new Bilstein Sport inserts, rebuilt 3" M-calipers on vented rotors. Weltmeister adjustable 19mm front sway bar installed. Turbo tie rods and Elephant Racing PolyBronze bushings complete the front end.

Rear suspension has Bilstein Sport shocks with Ground Control adjustable coilovers using 150lb springs. Hubs and rotors were drilled for 5 lug, and retain original rear calipers with functional parking brakes. No rear sway bar. Elephant Racing PolyBronze bushings have been installed in the rear as well, and new wheel bearings finish up the rear.

Wheels are 7x16 Fuchs with new Continental Extreme Contact tires in 205/55/16. No spacers were needed and lugs are all new chrome lugs.

Modern stereo/headunit installed, driving four speakers -- two in the stock speaker mounts and two in the doors.

Asking $40k.
Car is located at Original Customs in Grand Rapids, MI and is available for inspection. Any additional pictures can be taken upon request. If the buyer wishes for any repairs to be completed (GT flares? shades.gif ) these can be negotiated and added as a package deal.
Cairo94507
Terrific car that was owned by a terrific guy- RIP Jeff, we miss you. GLWTS. I wish I could buy this car. beerchug.gif
johnod
What a great looking car.
matthepcat
idea.gif

This is a nice car. Do I really need a 911 anymore.....hmmm
McMark
SOLD... boldblue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.