Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Car Cover
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rhcb914
Now that summer is here in the cold northeast, I want to take my 914 on weekend trips but hate leaving it exposed to the elements (tree sap, pollen, overnight thunder showers). What is a good fitted cover and where can I get one?

Thanks!

-Rob
Bleyseng
Perry's Umbrella cover is the best! It covers the cabin so no rain can get in or no sun will bake you out. biggrin.gif
rhcb914
Hi Geoff,

I saw that one but I really need something that covers the whole car.

-Rob
BMartin914
How about for a reasonable price? The California Car Cover's (weathershield, i believe) is in the range of $240 - $300. I had a cheap eBay $44.95 special that turned into squirrel nest material.
tommy914
I recently ordered one from the Pelican site. It fits well and seems to be of good quality.

Mueller
$19 @ wal-mart smile.gif

cheap enough so that if it only last a few years no big deal

I also have on of the "umbrella" covers, very nice cover...
STL914
I've had a couple of the cheap Wal-Mart covers and never was very pleased with the fit or protection. My wife bought me a Tri-Guard cover from Tweeks for Christmas and it fits very well and offers some very good to excellant protection.
Cost was less than $90. I was hoping for a Noah cover, but hey, it was a gift. Here's a link:

http://www.tweeks.com/shop?part=4.40.3692.411202

By the way, I also have one of Perry's covers. Best bang for the buck for keeping the engine bay and cockpit dry.
Elliot_Cannon
If you value your paint job, be careful how you use a car cover. If it is really windy and a little dirt gets under the cover it will act just like sand paper. How do I know this??
Cheers, Elliot
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.