Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tangerine Racing Hand Throttle
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mmichalik
As I start thinking about what needs to be done on the reassembly of the car, I was wondering how many people have installed the Tangerine Racing hand throttle and used it as a choke (for lack of a better term) for a carbed /4.

I like the idea of it but wanted to hear about the practicality of it in use.

Any thoughts?
GeorgeRud
Hand throttles can be helpful to maintain an increased idle during initial warmup (or as a poor man’s cruise control), but don’t act as chokes since they don’t close off airflow through the venturis.
bbrock
I asked a similar question a few months ago about hand throttles vs. the Weber cold start circuit. Consensus was that neither are needed but you might find some of the discussion in that thread interesting/helpful. http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?s=&...t&p=2548200
IronHillRestorations
Well made, and well engineered; but I'm not a fan of it because it intrudes into the driver's foot/leg area. Instead of mounting to the shifter like the factory 6's it's mounted to the side of the tunnel.
mmichalik
Thanks everyone for the responses here.

I appreciate the input and the PMs

Mike
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.