Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What do I do. 3 new 914's
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
NurzTim
New to the forum. I have owned a 1976 914 back in early 2000. Today I just purchased 3 complete not running at this time 914's.
1971 1.7
1974 1.7
1976 2.0 with Bosch Fuel Injection

Not sure what to do with them. They are a little rough but complete. Not running and have not for a few years. 2 with the 1.7 carb motors one with the 2.0 fuel injection.

I could probably make one good one out of the 3 but I really want to do the v-8 conversion. Is there a website or forum thread that speaks to this.

I also could part them out lots of very good OEM parts. What are the parts guys are looking for on these?

Thanks
Tim
Oregon
1971 914 1.7
1974 914 1.7
1976 914 2.0
mepstein
welcome.png
KELTY360
welcome.png

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
tygaboy
welcome.png
But know that having that many is bad for you. You should immediately transport the best two directly to me. Hey, I'm only trying to help!
aharder
birthday3.gif beerchug.gif
Maltese Falcon
Good place to hang out with us all welcome.png Plenty of deals here, New, Rebuilt , OE and aftermarket parts, Services and all of the latest tips to get your teener up to snuff !
carking1996
Pics Pics Pics!!
jcd914
welcome.png

You are in the right place.
There are multiple threads on engine conversions of all sorts here.
In the classifieds you can figure out what people are looking for and what people are selling.

Make one into a runner and drive it while you figure out what to do with the others.

Many of us have project cars and nothing drivable.

Jim
914-300Hemi
welcome.png
Montreal914
welcome.png

Obviously without pictures, difficult to say... bye1.gif
Mikey914
You need to come to WCR in Newberg.
Mark
mgp4591
welcome.png
And I'd agree with joining the others at WCR - not only would you get to meet some great people, you'd get some good ideas of where to go with your projects. Motivation is a bonus from seeing so many good cars in attendance and riding shotgun lets you know how these cars perform and what's possible. Have fun!
JRust
Sent you a PM. Where in Oregon are you. Welcome to the world man. Best place to come for all things 914 related
Matty900
welcome.png definitely need to come to West Coast Rally.
Let us know if you need any help
Cairo94507
welcome.png Jumping right into the deep end, I see. beerchug.gif
cary
welcome.png
EdwardBlume
welcome.png welcome.png welcome.png

Just 3? av-943.gif
Lucky9146
There has to be a good story behind getting 3 at once! We want to know more
welcome.png thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
driving.gif white914.jpg
burton73
welcome.png

You are at the right place.

V8 is a fun ride in these little cars!

Bob B
NurzTim
QUOTE(NurzTim @ May 25 2018, 06:28 PM) *

New to the forum. I have owned a 1976 914 back in early 2000. Today I just purchased 3 complete not running at this time 914's.
1971 1.7
1974 1.7
1976 2.0 with Bosch Fuel Injection

Not sure what to do with them. They are a little rough but complete. Not running and have not for a few years. 2 with the 1.7 carb motors one with the 2.0 fuel injection.

I could probably make one good one out of the 3 but I really want to do the v-8 conversion. Is there a website or forum thread that speaks to this.

I also could part them out lots of very good OEM parts. What are the parts guys are looking for on these?

Thanks
Tim
Oregon
1971 914 1.7
1974 914 1.7
1976 914 2.0

Montreal914
Nice, now we need way more pictures biggrin.gif
NurzTim
QUOTE(Montreal914 @ May 27 2018, 07:34 PM) *

Nice, now we need way more pictures biggrin.gif

NurzTim
More pics
NurzTim
More
NurzTim
More
NurzTim
More
Mblizzard
Not sure but for the most part they look rough. Hard to tell from pictures but most of them seem to have door gap issues which could indicate structural issues.

For sure lots of good parts there. If one is structurally sound with some extra cash you could likely make a car out of the three. But the interiors seem pretty far gone and that could be an issue.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.