Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 engine tin
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
736conver
Which is better. Pro and Cons?
Personel experiences??

Lets here them
Root_Werks
Either works fine. I think you'll find that metal holds up better, doesn't crack when you have to work on things. FG is 1/2 the price though and looks just as good.
Kerrys914
Sure OEM steel would be nice to have but, if you are building a street car on a budget I think this really comes down to $$$ and making the best choice on where to spend it.

The repro ones seem to work fine and the appearance is not too bad. Again it's all about the bennies.

Cheers wink.gif
736conver
I wasnt even thinking OEM steel. Big $$$$$ even if you can find it.. Just the aftermarket tin.
Dr Evil
I am fitting FG right now. I don't have any complaints so far, and for $175. biggrin.gif
Trekkor
With Dan's help, I made my own tin.

Still haven't installed it yet. unsure.gif
Only problem I've had with this, is the air filters get dirty.

Maybe over the winter...

KT
Kerrys914
I am running Dan's stuff for my conversion and so far I am happy. I have his tin, bell crank, and he worked on the shift rod for me.

I am putting things together now and I have no complaints about any of Dan's goods smile.gif smile.gif and they were at a great price.

Cheers beerchug.gif

FG for $175 seems like great price. ohmy.gif was that new or from a private sale? ohmy.gif
Dr Evil
$175 was from www.Rennspd.com I have Dan's tin too, but I wanted a full set and didn't have time to fabricate the rear piece. Cloudbuster welded up the seams in my Root kit, too. No complaints with it, I just needed to move faster with myt stuff and FG was easier to goof with.
J P Stein
metal bends, FG breaks. I've pulled my tin more that once and it has been bent around the mounting holes sometimes. FG is cheep, tho.... confused24.gif
SirAndy
the FG stuff works gud ...

metal is nicer, but the OEM stuff is expensive!
wink.gif Andy
jeff
welder.gif I have the fg from getty but have no idea what goes where?Im waiting for the por-15 to show up along with a little more prep and ill be readey to stick in the engine and mock things up!Can anyone tell me about the engine cooler mod ?Can i buy a curved fitting or something?I thought about just shipping it to patrickmotorsport but id like to know more about the angle required if any at all? beerchug.gif
jeff
more
jeff
more
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.