Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brake pedal ratio
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jetsetsurfshop
I ran into the Wilwood tech guy at a racing event last season and we spoke about upgrading brakes. I don't need it at my current HP but with a -6 I'll need something better I'm sure.
He asked about my master cylinder size and what my brake pedal ratio was. I though we were going to have a simple conversation about buy this big fancy calipers and have fun. Instead he wanted more info for a complete system. (Sell me more stuff!!)
I like the idea of cutting my caliper weight in 1/2, currently running 76 911 brakes, but I also don't want to mess up the opportunity to run in a race group that requires period correct gear. Hell, I might be able to change pad compounds and be fine.
So...to the topic title. Does anyone know what our brake petal ratio is?
Thanks in advance.
driving.gif
McMark
Boxster calipers. thumb3d.gif
911 eBrake conversion. thumb3d.gif

Not sure what 'pedal ratio' he's asking about. I expect it's related to the overall length of the pedal (from pivot to foot pad) vs. the actuator length (from pivot to master cylinder pushrod mount). Rough measurement for me was 8:2 (which is 4:1). Should be close enough, but you may want to measure for yourself.
Jetsetsurfshop
Boxsters calipers fit inside of 15 inch wheels?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.