Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 at petrolicious
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
abes914
No association. Really cool pictures. Just sharing the 914 love.
Sorry if this has been posted already.

https://petrolicious.com/marketplace/upgrad..._eid=36e193c291

scallyk9
Very nice car at a nice price. I had to laugh at the verbiage however. Phrases like "very satisfying glove compartment door". I often like to sit in the passenger seat flipping the little door up and down, so I might buy this car.
bretth
Geese who wrote that crap. huh.gif Nice looking car otherwise.
71six
Question from one who has never done a restoration. Looking at the rear trunk pictures I noticed no seam sealer was reapplied after the chassis was stripped. Would this be of concern?

Thanks,
Mark
ConeDodger
QUOTE(71six @ May 27 2018, 10:51 PM) *

Question from one who has never done a restoration. Looking at the rear trunk pictures I noticed no seam sealer was reapplied after the chassis was stripped. Would this be of concern?

Thanks,
Mark

I’d get over it... evilgrin.gif
rhodyguy
The white headlight surrounds are indeed lovely. rolleyes.gif
gereed75
Great looking car (as is the one linked at Fantasy Junction) but neither appear to have front oil coolers. This could definitely limit practical use.
SirAndy
QUOTE(gereed75 @ May 28 2018, 05:22 AM) *
Great looking car (as is the one linked at Fantasy Junction) but neither appear to have front oil coolers. This could definitely limit practical use.

I know of several 3.2L cars that run only the engine mounted oil cooler.

As long as you don't plan on going racing, a street driven 914 (<= 3.2L) will be fine without a front mounted cooler ...
shades.gif
914-300Hemi
Very nice looking car.
mountainroads
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 28 2018, 09:08 AM) *

QUOTE(gereed75 @ May 28 2018, 05:22 AM) *

I know of several 3.2L cars that run only the engine mounted oil cooler.

As long as you don't plan on going racing, a street driven 914 (<= 3.2L) will be fine without a front mounted cooler ...
shades.gif

Agreed. I have a 2.7 with only stock engine cooler that gets used for "spiritied" driving and temp has never been an issue.

- MR
71six
What one linked @ Fantasy Junction?
mettelman
I've had that car inspected by a true 914 expert ... and while it's nice looking, it has a number of deal-killing flaws. And at that price I had to say "no thanks". PM me if you are serious about the car and I'll share them.
RickS
After I read, “Endless swathes of chrome adorn the broad bumpers...” swaths adorning? I threw up in my mouth.

It’s a pseudo GT with a nice 6 interior. It’s not one or the other. I agree it looks nice but for the price it needs to make up its mind on what it wants to be when it grows up.
gereed75
http://www.fantasyjunction.com/cars/1636-P...%20Flat%206-Cyl Noted as Sold.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.