Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Friends of Steve McQueen Car and Motorcycle Show
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ed_Turbo
Happy Memorial Day!

This Saturday I will be a judge at the The Friends of Steve McQueen Car and Motorcycle show. All money goes to the boys club and is tax-deductible.

Hosted by Cars and Coffee, PCA GPX, 356 club, and 911 R Gruppe.

Hope to see you there!

-Ed

Steve McQueen Car Show Website

Click to view attachment
davehg
I’ll be there too. Always a nice collection of cars and typically includes 1-3 McQueen cars plus bikes. I know a nice 3.6 914 will be there,
Tom_T
Me too, judging as well, but ....

To clarify for those reading who don't know - we "experienced judges" aren't really the judges - but instead we are trainers & mentors for a Boys Republic student each, and after the first car we pretty much let the kids loose to judge & offer guidance when asked. It's fun to get a younger generation into cars!

It's a multi-marque show - so all types of cars are there.

The kids also make the trophies in shop class, & generally run everything else with guidance from BR staff & volunteers.

So take it as a fun weekend - whether you go to show, or to watch - either way your fees are charitable donations for the BR where Steve McQueen himself was a student.

Thanx for posting this Ed!

If you're okay with it as OP - maybe folks can post their pix from the event on here? confused24.gif

Cheers! beerchug.gif & Thanx to our Vets! flag.gif
Tom
///////
914-300Hemi
I will be bringing the 914 & and the 911. It is a great event with great people and great cars.
Maltese Falcon
The craftsmanship on the Boys Republic trophies is one of a kind first.gif Click to view attachment
Unobtanium-inc
It's gets no cooler than Steve McQueen, and he enjoyed getting greasy, you gotta love that.
Ed_Turbo
QUOTE(914-300Hemi @ May 28 2018, 09:50 PM) *

I will be bringing the 914 & and the 911. It is a great event with great people and great cars.

You bringing the 914? blink.gif laugh.gif

Post pics, good exposure for a good cause.

campbellcj
I'm aiming to be there as a spectator/photographer! My first time was last year and I could not get over how cool it was. I'm not a "car show" guy in general, but this one just exudes coolness and is like nirvana for fans of eclectic vintage stuff (and newer too). Unfortunately I'll be half asleep as I'm returning from a business trip late Friday PM...ugg
914-300Hemi
QUOTE(campbellcj @ May 29 2018, 06:38 PM) *

I'm aiming to be there as a spectator/photographer! My first time was last year and I could not get over how cool it was. I'm not a "car show" guy in general, but this one just exudes coolness and is like nirvana for fans of eclectic vintage stuff (and newer too). Unfortunately I'll be half asleep as I'm returning from a business trip late Friday PM...ugg

Chris stop by my Marathon Blue 914 and it will be parked next to a wide body black 911 targa and say hello.
Ed_Turbo
At the dinner.
Click to view attachment
Ed_Turbo
Click to view attachment
Ed_Turbo
Did not take many pictures of the show. Today was a hot day and we were all pretty burned out during the award ceremony. In case you did not know, these awards were made by kids here at the Boys republic.
Click to view attachment

chowtime.gif drooley.gif chowtime.gif drooley.gif chowtime.gif drooley.gif
Click to view attachment
Ed_Turbo
Me and the judges taking a break. We judged 50-55 domestic class. Nice stuff out there today.
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.