Full Version: “In the beginning was the World . . .the 914 World!”
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MM1
Hello 914 World,

As Dante said,
“Nel mezzo del cammin di nostra vita
mi ritrovai per una selva oscura
ché la diritta via era smarrita.”

and - I guess, I’m taking “the road less traveled” (except by all you other 914 lovers! pray.gif )- wish me luck!

A few weeks ago, I bought my first Porsche- a 914 project. . .

1973 1.7 - It appears to be factory paint with 45 years of battle scars, very straight pan, looks like it’s never been hit, with surface rust in the usual places and only one 3 finger breach in the “Hell-hole.”

The drivetrain is out and it has service records back to the early 90’s, including the original window sticker. The records go beck to the early 90’s and seem to indicate that this 914 has always lived in SoCal.

My favorite part of this (unfolding) story:

“I bought this Porsche that wasn’t for sale!”

-MM-
MM1
The new (old,humble) abode. . .
MM1
And “miles to go before I sleep”

. . .and then wake up for the first run through the Santa Monica Mountains!
MM1
I’ll let you know when this ol’ seat is ready to take its first ride (with me in it) up Deer Creek to Boney Mountain from the PCH!
Coondog
Congrats, Now go buy a fire extinguisher....... poke.gif

Seriously make sure you replace every fuel line.
Larmo63
welcome.png

Great, welcome to the madness. There is a wealth of knowledge here, ask any question you want, I know I did.

I started with a lot worse car than that. Add your VIN to our list too when you get a chance.

welcome.png
Jamie
QUOTE(MM1 @ May 28 2018, 10:21 AM) *

And “miles to go before I sleep”

. . .and then wake up for the first run through the Santa Monica Mountains!

I don't see any big tool boxes in the garage, but do see you already have jackstands! happy11.gif
worn
Hate to rain on the parade, but if it wasn't for sale I think that the owner may be on to you after your posts.

Be that as it may... welcome.png

After all, many say that one should motor around in it as though you had used nefarious means to acquire it. Though they often have an abbreviated way of saying it.
914-300Hemi
Welcome to the madness and adventures.
welcome.png
EdwardBlume
welcome.png welcome.png welcome.png

Money, time, and patience. cheer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.