Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dash Cap
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jdamiano
Has anyone used a dash cap like the ones I see for around 150 bucks? I’m looking for a solution to some dash cracks that doesn’t involve all the work to replace. If the cap doesn’t look like something cheap or added I might get one. A picture of one installed would be great.
green ernie
QUOTE(jdamiano @ May 28 2018, 09:20 PM) *

Has anyone used a dash cap like the ones I see for around 150 bucks? I’m looking for a solution to some dash cracks that doesn’t involve all the work to replace. If the cap doesn’t look like something cheap or added I might get one. A picture of one installed would be great.
i'm pleased with mine.
Click to view attachment
mepstein
They are actually pretty good. Look like the real thing until you get close. Just pop it on and let sit in the sun for a bit and it will mold to your dash even better. Don’t need glue. It’s not as nice as the real dash pad that 914rubber sells but a lot better than an ugly dash.
Coondog
My car came with one. It’s such a good match I keep putting off replacing the dash.
Click to view attachment
xperu
QUOTE(jdamiano @ May 28 2018, 03:20 PM) *

Had mine 12 years, still looks great. Mike
kahluver
I love mine. I bought mine off of Amazon for about $120. Go for it, it's 1000xs better than staring at cracks.

jsh
I got mine from Rock Auto for around $100 as I remember
larryM
X2 all above

- in 10 yrs of Concours wins mine has never been noticed
Wyvern
Are the $100 - $150 ones really all the same ?

Larmo63
No, they are not the same. There is a product that has the more appropriate 914 grain pattern and one that is more like black plastic sandpaper.

I think the right one on eBay has a small photo sample in the ad that shows the graininess that I think is closer to original looking.
Wyvern
^^^ thank you
None listed show a closeup of grain ...
any help ?
Larmo63
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-914-1970-1...nEAAOSwSQFaG4ge

I'm pretty sure I bought this one.
Wyvern
Perfect .... thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.