Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Great driving roads near Vegas?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
siverson
Hi - I'm renting a Ferrari 360 Modena for a day while I'm in Vegas. I'll have it from noon on Saturday until noon on Sunday. Vroooom! I can't wait. It'll be the first time I've driven a Ferrari.

Where are the great roads? I have nothing planned at the moment other than a trip out to Hoover Dam.

-Steve
CptTripps
Just plan on driving it for 24hrs...you aren't going to want to get out of it.

I did that once, and every time we'd go somewhere to 'sight-see' the only think on my mind was the car, and why we were wasting time NOT driving it. The last two planned 'things' I just dropped my (at the time) girlfriend off and went driving around for a while.
messix
you could go to the grand canyon and back in about 4 hrs at 120 mph +
redshift
The strip... man you have to drive the strip! If you haven't driven the strip, well, MAN! Drive the strip.

wacko.gif

Should only take a few hours per mile.

M
MarkG
I drove my Ferrari to Vegas a few years back....stop and go Strip traffic may cause over-heating issues, it did for me anyway....

Go ahead and budget the cost of a speeding ticket and head north towards Mesquite; you will pass through a very winding stretch of road with high canyon walls. The sound of the Ferrari engine resonating of the walls along with the high-speed curves will make for a memorable trip.

P.S. - Utah I-15 is where I broke my speedo...... smilie_pokal.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.