Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Good For A Laugh
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Sixer
I thought you might like this. I ordered this in mind that they would be NOWHERE correct but only to see what would arrive. I have an OEM transmission seal that I will use for comparison. The pictures tell the story.
SirAndy
unsure.gif
porschetub
Wow not even close,its surprising how many vendors don't know what they are selling.
Ebay seems to have many sellers like it sad.gif .
I tend to research more now as I just can't send parts back for exchange/refund.
mepstein
Most of the sellers never see the part. It’s drop shipped from someone else. They just get the info and post it on their site. It’s the only way they can handle 10’s of thousands of parts. It’s still better than the old days of looking through catalogues and calling around to different suppliers and waiting two weeks for the part to show up.
Chris914n6
It's the manufacturers fault. They cross reference the dimensions then add it to the fit list without ever seeing the original or test fitting.

There is no way a high volume discount house is going to double check everything.
barefoot
I just had the same experience, tranny front seal from AA (Atlanta) had correct P/N on box but was way off in OD size. George corrected the mistake and send me a correct part shortly later.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.