Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: 914 15x4.5 steel wheels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
BillC
I'm looking for some stock early 914 15" x 4.5" steel wheels in decent shape. I'm looking for the ones that look like VW wheels but with the 914 offset, not the later "styled" steel wheels. I'm looking for 4.5" wheels, since that's what came originally on my car.

The plan is to refinish them, then have my tires moved over and put them on my 914 -- I want to refinish my rims, but don't want the car down for weeks/months/years while I take care of the wheels.

If it helps, I have three 15" x 5.5" rims in decent shape that I can trade toward the 4.5" rims.
Tom_T
Somebody had an ad for 5 on here within the past 2 weeks or so, check thru the classifieds. IIRC they were in SoCal.

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
BillC
QUOTE(Tom_T @ May 30 2018, 08:33 PM) *

Somebody had an ad for 5 on here within the past 2 weeks or so, check thru the classifieds. IIRC they were in SoCal.

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

I searched all the way back to November. Found plenty of 5.5" steel wheels, later "styled" steel wheels, Pedrinis, Fuchs and lots of others, but no 4.5" early steel wheels. Hence, the WTB ad.

If I missed the ad, please post a link.

I'd prefer to find a set relatively close, because shipping will add up. There was a set over a year ago, but they wanted $$$$ just for shipping.
rhodyguy
6 5.5s. A few ads below yours. Greggearhead. You don't want 4.5" wheels. Wrong backspacing. Too narrow. 165 tires. blink.gif
BillC
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ May 31 2018, 09:56 AM) *

6 5.5s. A few ads below yours. Greggearhead. You don't want 4.5" wheels. Wrong backspacing. Too narrow. 165 tires. blink.gif

No, I really am looking for 4.5" wheels. Greg's wheels are the wrong size.
Abmxer
I have 4.5s with hub caps and tires on my 76. There is a Porsche crest on the caps. I’m not sure if it is a sticker or if it is stamped under the clear sticker. Also not sure if they’re vw or Porsche wheels. How do you tell? Anyway... I’m looking for 5.5s. They are in ok shape.
larryM
see my post FREE - you pay ship
Crawsto
QUOTE(Abmxer @ Jun 2 2018, 07:44 PM) *

I have 4.5s with hub caps and tires on my 76. There is a Porsche crest on the caps. I’m not sure if it is a sticker or if it is stamped under the clear sticker. Also not sure if they’re vw or Porsche wheels. How do you tell? Anyway... I’m looking for 5.5s. They are in ok shape.

I have a set of 4 5.5 inch Redding CT and can send pix call me 203-948-7964

Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
BillC
QUOTE(Crawsto @ Jun 16 2019, 08:26 AM) *

QUOTE(Abmxer @ Jun 2 2018, 07:44 PM) *

I have a set of 4 5.5 inch Redding CT and can send pix call me 203-948-7964

Thanks, but I am looking for 4.5" early-style wheels.

If you're trying to reach Abmxer, would probably be better to send him a PM directly.
Crawsto
QUOTE(Abmxer @ Jun 2 2018, 06:44 PM) *

I have a set of 5.5 wheels and there is a post under my name crawsto on this site. I am in CT Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
thelogo
QUOTE(BillC @ May 30 2018, 05:04 PM) *

I'm looking for some stock early 914 15" x 4.5" steel wheels in decent shape. I'm looking for the ones that look like VW wheels but with the 914 offset, not the later "styled" steel wheels. I'm looking for 4.5" wheels, since that's what came originally on my car.

The plan is to refinish them, then have my tires moved over and put them on my 914 -- I want to refinish my rims, but don't want the car down for weeks/months/years while I take care of the wheels.

If it helps, I have three 15" x 5.5" rims in decent shape that I can trade toward the 4.5" rims.

Photo of these wheels your looking for .i think i may have these and didntt even know it
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.